Samaritan Village

Samaritan Village (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Samaritan Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Samaritan Village

August 31, 2015

Samaritan Village was the place we liked the best, and it was also the most expensive. It was a very attractive place with very nice facilities, but there was no place that suited our particular need. We saw the rooms that were for assisted living. They were studio apartments, and they were only for one person. Two people could share a room, but it would be extremely close quarters. The other places were out in separate buildings, which were some distance away from the main hall. The rooms were very nice. Everything was very nice about it -- it just wasn't what we felt we needed. We would have wanted a place where we could fix our own food at least part of the time, and the assisted living did not have that. I would rate it very highly as far as the amenities and the way it looks. However, it was out of our range cost wise. Everyone was very nice and very helpful. It was a very nice visit. It's a very large place with a lot of different kinds of buildings, separate cottage type places, a lot of apartments, and a variety of ways of living there.

May 06, 2015

By Jim106712550

I was by my sister's house, and she knows about Samaritan Village. My mom also knew some people there. The staff was friendly, and the grounds were nice. It seems that they have most everything that my parents would need. The rooms were nice, clean, and relatively spacious. They had a good variety of different services and activities. The dining room setup looked nice. There were some concerns about how hard it would be for my parents to be able to get to the dining area since they don't get around so easily. Otherwise, they would probably be in another building. The accessibility of the dining area is one thing they could improve upon. As for safety and security, it was gated, and it looked sufficient. The place was nice, and the people were nice.

April 30, 2015

By MelR

I moved to Samaritan Village after living in another retirement community. Samaritan had so much more to offer. Staff on duty 24 hrs. a day for help. Which I have had to use. The choice of dinning and food, Active and caring community with superior customer service. I have met many new friends. I have a lot of things to do with a lot of social active. A beautiful campus. A great apartment and a great place to live. Mel Resident

April 29, 2015

By Firefly2

We have setup my parents in Samaritan Village Retirement. It was chosen because it is located where the family is situated. The amenities are wonderful, and the staff is extremely friendly. We had meals there, and the food was excellent. My parents like the facility very much. They have just been there for two weeks, and I think it is great. I actually would like to move in there myself.

April 08, 2015

By Goodrich Family

Our Parents had lived in the independent section at Samaritan Village for three years. First in a one bedroom and then moving to a two bedroom apartment. Independent living at SV is just that. You have all the privacy but you can still join in on the many activities and social events that they offer. Last year our Mom required more extensive care and needed to move but our Dad stayed and we knew he would have care and good meals. In January Dad suffered a stroke and needed assisted living quickly. We felt very lucky to have the services of Country Manor at SV to meet his needs. Within two days the staff at SV had helped us make arrangements to move him when he left the hlspital. It was a gift to be able to keep him in a place he was used to that offers such great care and great food! SV is full of friendly people and a very caring staff. I would highly recommend it. Like living at a 4-star hotel with all the services

June 17, 2013

By Caring 8393

We were favorably impressed with Samaritan Village. Their apartments are very nice and of reasonable size. The fees were comparable with the other places we visited. They have different levels of care for seniors but their business model is different and on a monthly basis, so lifetime care commitment is not assured.

August 17, 2012

By tonio999

This is a beautiful facility. Unfortunately it was the third one I visited, so i was on three lists! We especially liked the gorgeous restaurant they had. I really couldnt find much to kick about, except that I felt my mom was just there to visit and I try not to say the "A" word a lot and their marketing rep came on too strong and it surprised my mom. I wasnt real happy about that. The rep asked mom if she was ready to sign up. Mom just looked at me. I reminded her we were just touring for the day. That was unfortunate. I dont want to point fingers because otherwise the facility is perfect. I guess we will keep trying with mom, just without the A word! They should be very proud of it. I may move out there myself! Tonio999

August 16, 2012

By BobG1

I've checked different facilities and the Samaritan Village in Hughson is a better one. It's run by a Catholic church. I like it because it's laid out nice. It's got nice apartments and seems to have everything. It's got a better environment and it seems to fit everything for anyone staying at it. It isn't just one big building. It's a place where people live in different rooms. While some of the facilities look just like a hotel, this one looks like a village not a hotel. We talked to some of the residents and I like everything there. Everything was fine. I have no negative comments about it at all. I would absolutely recommend it to other people.

June 27, 2008

By Joanne Stromberg

My loved one stayed here

We researched many facilities and this was clearly the best one, by far. It's a beautiful 5 Starr Hotel looking place, well managed, a kind and caring staff, the cream of the crop. Great staff and great food, with lots of activities. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Photos of Samaritan Village

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: Unkown

• Licenses: 507002396

About Samaritan Village

Our mission statement, "Empowering seniors to maintain a superior quality of life", speaks to empowering our residents by providing choices, conveniences, and opportunities for connecting with everyone around them, while enabling them to have control over their care and living options as needs evolve. Deeply rooted in compassion and the preservation of dignity, our community creates an engaging and productive senior living experience for all who call Samaritan Village home.

Map of Samaritan Village