Carlton Senior Living Fremont

Reviews of Carlton Senior Living Fremont

Assisted Living Reviews for Carlton Senior Living Fremont

February 29, 2016

By Caring 1011

I'm still settling here in Carlton. Sometimes the food is good, sometimes it's not. The room is just average. The place is very clean.

October 28, 2015

By Ann C.

My mother moved to Carlton Plaza for about a month now. It felt like a resort more than an assisted-living place. It's beautiful and easy to access. I like the location -- it's very close to a lot of shops and stores. The grounds are flat and even. It's on a quiet street. The rooms were decent. I wish they have more male staff in there. The residents were beautiful, and they seemed happy. I was able to eat there, and their food was good.

September 12, 2015

By Alfred5

It was great. Michael was the guy who gave me a tour, and then he gave my mom a tour the next day. They had a dining area, a living area, a computer area, an activity room, a lounging room, and a beauty salon, and everything was established, so I would highly recommend it to someone. When my mom is ready, I certainly would be using Carlton. I looked at a one-bedroom and one of the two-bedrooms, and they could be a little bigger, but for one person, the bedroom area was OK. The kitchen area was kind of small, but then they are not doing any cooking because all the cooking is done for them in the dining area.

September 07, 2015

We did a tour of Carlton Plaza of Fremont, and we met with the receptionist and some of the people that were there; everything was fine. They were very friendly, very warm, and very outgoing. It appeared clean and well organized, and the apartments were nice. They had a social room, recreational activities, and a gym. Everything they needed was there.

April 10, 2015

If Carlton Plaza Fremont was absolutely what I felt my mother needed at this point, it would have been fine. They had a lot to offer. She's just not ready for that. It was very nice. The rooms were bright and cheerful. The staff seemed pleasant. I did not see anything wrong with it except that it was an institution. The person who accommodated us was very friendly, and he gave us all the information we wanted to know. He followed up the next day with a phone call to see if I was going to bring my mom in for a tour. I like that they had a little cafe that was open all day, so if you do not want to go down for their three scheduled meals, you can go down to this little cafe and have a cup of coffee or a snack. I think it was a nice alternative for people.

March 19, 2015

I am in Carlton Plaza Fremont, and I am content. They have a great dining room here. In fact, I just had a meeting with the head chef and the dining room manager, and it went well. I have almost everything I want here. Their salad bar is the very best that I have ever been to. I am enjoying the food. This is a very good community and if you want something and they don't have it, all you need to do is ask them; they will have them ready on the next meal. The staff is friendly and very nice. Included in my rent is the laundry. The rooms are not that big, so if you have more than one bedroom of furniture, you have to downsize on what you have.

February 22, 2015

By Irene20

Carlton Plaza is a nice place, my brother has three meals a day, and it’s great. The staff is very helpful and very kind people. They have a wonderful salad bar. Some meals are good, and some meals are not. They have activities all the time and I know they have entertainment all the time. The security is very good. I like it as it is close to town, it’s close to stores, and they have transportation wherever he wants to go if he wants to use it, but most of the time I take him. It’s a fantastic place. He’s got a little apartment with a bedroom, living room, and a little kitchenette.

January 13, 2015

Carlton Plaza was very pretty. It was very well done. I had luncheon with the hostess. It was an attractive site. The dining room was nice. However, I didn't find the people as comfortable as the people from the other one I visited. They were nice and pleasant enough, but not like a family.

Independent Living Reviews for Carlton Senior Living Fremont

September 11, 2016

By Kerri865174

Carlton was very nice, very well-kept, clean, and comfortable. It was not too modern, but not too outdated. The staff was very nice and very thorough in going over everything that we wanted to know, and they seemed to cover everything. The rooms were good, and the dining room was very nice. I liked that it was setup restaurant style, rather than a buffet. All the residents were very friendly and very willing to speak out. They say that it was a nice place to live, and they were happy there. They have enough going on that somebody can stay very busy there if they want to.

November 07, 2012

By Lovedone1

The staff was super friendly and showed so much affection and love for the residents living there. They checked up on my great grandmother extremely often and made sure she was always okay. The food was delicious there. I remember going there as a little kid and getting a warm, and fresh baked chocolate chip cookie. My great grandmother was able to have her own TV, cable, fridge, microwave, plants and pet. She had a pet bird which she adored. There were events always going on to get the elders to interact and play with each other and spend time communicating and having fun. The facility was always kept clean and tidy and was a great place. The only negative I experienced, was that she had to have a personal safe because a maid stole money from her, but was promptly fired for her actions. A 5star facility.

Costs for Carlton Senior Living Fremont

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: Yes

About Carlton Senior Living Fremont

The elegance and ease of Carlton Senior Living Fremont is readily apparent in its marble entryway complete with cozy fireplace. Its quaint conversation areas and Tuscan fountain courtyard make it an ideal place to entertain family and friends or to spend an afternoon lounging with other residents. Lush shade trees complement the grounds and outdoor benches provide the perfect perch for morning coffee breaks.

The Carlton Senior Living experience begins the moment you move in. Our move-in consultation ensures a plan is in place for both resident health care and best life needs. We work with you to create a Personal Expressions activity program and to gauge the level of personal care needed. Ongoing Family Connection Conferences help us monitor resident lifestyle changes and adapt to their healthcare needs accordingly.

Carlton Plaza Fremont dining options cater to the tastes and daily plans of our residents. The atrium in our main dining room is a favorite, or the '50s style dining at Ruby's Cafe is an ideal haunt when entertaining grandkids. All-Day restaurant-style dining services, a fabulous cafe and room service on request serve residents who are on the go or those ready to relax at the end of the day. The richly appointed common areas, library, game room, and patio complete the total living experience.

Map of Carlton Senior Living Fremont