Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley

Offers Independent Living

20594 Bear Valley Rd, Apple Valley, CA 92308
Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 13 days

Secure an apartment in May and receive savings on any of the following: * Rent * Community Fee * Moving Expenses * New Furniture

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley

March 28, 2019

By John

Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley is a good facility and a great value. The staff is outstanding and extremely accommodating. My mom had an efficiency apartment. The place is clean. My mom played poker, bingo, and Bunco.

September 26, 2018

By Pat

We've been living in Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley. We saw it being built ten or 11 years ago, and we really liked it. This place has apartments that are big enough for me. However, since Solstice has taken over about a year ago, things are going downhill. I wasn't very happy and neither was anyone else that I knew, so a lot of people moved out. The staff is always changing. We get new staff and they start to learn, then they're let go and they hire new staff. It's been that way since Solstice took over. The amenities are pretty good.

March 05, 2018

By Deb

We very much liked the independent living rooms at Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley. They were very spacious with lots of closet space, and the carpets were beautiful. Angeli, was very nice, and we really appreciated her. The dining area was more like a cafeteria, but the residents looked very happy, and they were all very social. It had a very happy and very upbeat atmosphere, and it looked very clean.

May 20, 2017

By deborah146328

It was a beautiful community with wholesome, family-oriented environment. The food was absolutely wonderful. It was formal dining. Their rooms were independent and catered to the residents' respective needs. The staff was wonderful.

December 15, 2016

By Janice338681

It was very nice but too far from the grandkids. They took care of everything, from housekeeping to activities to meals. They had a card room, miniature golf in the halls, movie nights, and lectures. They had a guitar player when I went there. They had a separate, full kitchen downstairs, so if you wanted to make a meal, you could do it yourself there. The rooms and apartments were very nice. The staff serving during the meals was very nice.

September 30, 2016

By Barbara608172

We had a very nice visit. We had lunch, and it was very good. They had games, crafts, music, outings, and barbecues.

November 30, 2015

By Belle1

I liked it. Some of the activities surprised us, like tabletop shuffle board, that my mother seemed to enjoy. They also had card games, outings twice a week, and movies. They had three or four different apartments. There were people on-site that you could hire to do different things for you, like laundry. The staff was flexible, very personable, and knew all of their residents. The residents were all smiling and happy. Out of the facilities we've seen, this would be where my mom would go.

November 29, 2015

The staff is very pleasant and very helpful. I would love to live there myself. They have three meals a day and the food is absolutely terrific. They have a lot of activities for seniors, like exercise groups that meet regularly, billiards, and arts and crafts. They have excursions and go out to have golfing and putting contests. The rooms and the entire facility are very clean.

July 13, 2015

I did have lunch here, and it was very good. It was a very nice facility. It is actually beautiful because it is new. They have fresher home-made breads that they would have everyday and things that kind of appeal to older people many times because they feel like they are being catered to, so that was really nice. The room also was very nice.

June 29, 2015

By Anthony20

The staff was very helpful and friendly. They made us feel at home. They showed us the room, and it was very clean. They offered us lunch, and the food was good. They gave me a brochure with activities that are planned for the seniors, and that was nice. If I had to live in a place, this would be one of my top contenders.

November 23, 2014

By Jeanne22

Early September I did find a place and moved in, and it is here. It’s a new facility, and it has very upbeat managers. It’s a healthy morale building kind of situation. They offer activities every hour; one of them is an exercise program for elderly. They have a wonderful library; the facility is wonderfully kept, and that is the key feature when I came to see it. The food is top notch; we have a chef and professionally prepared soup -- better than I have living alone. There is one big dining room that fit more of a dormitory dining facility. We have a lot of selections for the food; they are main trays, alternate trays, and then several individual things to choose from if you so desire. It’s located in a very upscale residential area. I have miles of miles of sidewalk to walk my dog on. It’s clean and modern. I have been here since early September, and maybe 10 years from now I may see something differently, but right now I am happy. I would recommend the facility, and they have a variety of offerings; you could have one bedroom unit, two bedroom two bath unit, and they have also have cottages. It is very homey.

August 01, 2011

By magnolia472

I visited this facility. It is beautiful. and. clean. It has many important amenities. The drawback is that I perceived budget. Sometimes overruled independence.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Solstice is a 55 and over retirement community. Our residents currently range from 62 years old to 99 years old. We have residents that are independent and those that need assistance. We are here to help at any stage of life.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Solstice at Apple Valley is located near shopping centers, doctor offices (specialty and general), 3 hospitals and pharmacies. Have fun on your mind? We are also near 2 movie theaters, multiple restaurants, a museum and the list goes on. Not to mention all the activities, educational seminars and fun that takes place in the community, at no cost!

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley has organized?

Our residents enjoy trips to San Manuel Casino, out lunch at different restaurants, specialty trips for our "Livin' The Dream" program, to only name a few. Our activities grow with our every changing resident's interest.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley offer to independent living residents?

Solstice has a new 15 passenger bus that takes our residents shopping, to doctor appointments, the pharmacy, fun trips and the list goes on.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

The Solstice culinary team works together to bring our residents a variety of cuisines. With such a large diversity, we try to please all. Whether it is with our main course, alternate choice or our extended menu, we have many options to please every palate. Restaurant style dining ensures that you sit back, relax and let us do the cooking. Not seeing your favorite cuisine on the menu? Mention it to the chef and see the "Elevate" program in action!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Our residents enjoy; an activity room, private dining room for special celebrations, TV/media room, library, game room, beauty salon, exercise room and chapel.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley offer to independent living residents?

Here at Solstice, we want our residents to feel secure at all times, so they can enjoy there time with one another. To achieve this, we have self locking doors around the perimeter that require a programmed card to allow access to our residents and their loved ones. At night, we employee a trained security to patrol the inside and outside of the community. In addition, all staff has undergone background checks, prior to employment. Our residents safety has been put in our hands by their families. We take it seriously.

If Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pets are key to the well being of many of our residents. Not only are they welcome, but our care giving staff offers services to them and their owners alike. Out of town for the weekend? Not a problem. Just call the caregivers in. Solstice provides a walking path around the perimeter of the building for residents and their pets to get a little exercise in. Not your cup of tea, perhaps the grassy backyard would suit your pets need to frolic. While out and about, we also offer dog poop stations to discard any waste.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Solstice offers 2 in house companies that can offer you or your loved one a multiple of care services. We can accommodate all levels of care. No case is to big or to small. Need higher care. We also work with many hospice, home health and physical therapy groups.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley