8 Assisted Living Facilities near Clarkston, WA
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clarkston area, with 3 in Clarkston and 5 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 20 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clarkston. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Clarkston 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clarkston, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Clarkston, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clarkston
The city of Clarkston is located in Asotin County, Washington and considered part of the Lewiston, ID-WA metropolitan area. The area has a thriving senior community that makes up 26 percent, or 1,901 residents, of the 7,314 overall population. Clarkston has three local assisted living facilities (ALFs) and four nearby. Each facility is required to aid senior residents with activities of daily living (ADLs) and provide room and board. These regulations have been established by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Aging and Long-Term Support Administration, which also oversees all assisted living communities in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clarkston
- The cost of living in the Clarkston area is slightly cheaper than the national average, ranking a 96 compared to 100, respectively. Although expenses are lower, seniors on a fixed-income may need to consider the higher grocery, health care and transportation expenses when compared to the national averages.
- Seniors may need to be concerned with the hot, dry summers, where temperature highs can reach upwards of 93 degrees Fahrenheit in early August. Winters are mild here and allow seniors to participate in more outdoor activities in temperatures ranging from 31 degrees Fahrenheit to 51 degrees Fahrenheit on average.
- Clarkston's air quality is ranked a 31 against the national average of 50 and a state average of 36. Seniors can enjoy fresher air, which may aid with managing respiratory illnesses.
- The Clarkston area is known for being only 1 percent safer than other neighborhoods in the nation. Seniors concerned with safety may be hesitant to move to the town knowing the chance of becoming a victim of a property or violent crime in the city is one in 13.
- The Clarkston area is home to world-class facilities, including Tri-State Memorial Hospital and Joseph Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Clarkston has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Area II Agency on Aging (AAA), an organization that provides seniors with opportunities for private or public pay assistance, support services and counseling to help enrich each seniors' life.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clarkston
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Clarkston start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clarkston and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clarkston
Clarkston offers financial assistance to senior residents, including the Medicaid Home and Community Based Services (HCBS): Community Options Program Entry System (COPES), Community First Choice (CFC) Program, Medicaid Personal Care (MPC) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clarkston
Clarkston and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clarkston, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clarkston
Clarkston-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clarkston
Review of Riverview Residential Home & Care
Riverview Residential Home & Care is fabulous. It's a privately owned assisted living, 6-bed facility. They've been wonderful. The staff is very caring and well trained, and they have been ther... Read more
Review of Avalon Progressive Care Llc
Avalon Progressive Care is very nice, clean, and has wide aisles. They have a nice dining room and a living room. It's very nice for the patients there. The staff is wonderful and just fabulous, th... Read more
Review of Riverview Residential Home & Care
It was a good visit to Riverview. There were six residents, and it seemed like a very nice and comfortable place to live. They do coloring, reading, and lots of fitness stuff. The people were good ... Read more