8 Assisted Living Facilities near Lewiston, ID
Also serving communities of Moscow, Orofino.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lewiston area, with 5 in Lewiston and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lewiston is $3,295 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 18 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lewiston. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lewiston 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Clarkston with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lewiston, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Lewiston, ID
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Lewiston, ID
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lewiston
Lewiston is named after the famous explorer Meriwether Lewis, who camped in the area in 1805 and 1806. The city was the first capital of Idaho Territory, and while it’s no longer the state capital, it’s home to approximately 32,800 people. The city has a large senior population with nearly one-fifth of its residents being 65 or older.
Within city limits, there are five assisted living facilities that can serve seniors who need help with activities of daily living. Another three facilities are located nearby. Like all assisted living facilities in Idaho, facilities in Lewiston are regulated by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lewiston
- This small city offers limited arts and culture opportunities. For hiking, camping and wildlife viewing, seniors can visit Hells Gate State Park. The Lewis-Clark State College Center for Arts & History offers art exhibits and workshops, while the Nez Perce County Historical Society and Museum showcases local history.
- Lewiston receives much less snow and rain than the national average. The city gets 16 inches of rain and 13 inches of snow per year, while the U.S. averages are 38 inches and 28 inches, respectively. Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors may enjoy this climate.
- The Lewiston area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lewiston’s overall cost of living is nearly on par with both the state and national average. Healthcare costs are 5% lower than the national average, which may appeal to seniors with chronic health conditions.
- The Lewiston Transit System operates a city-wide, fixed-route bus service. There are several routes, and seniors are eligible for half-price fares. A free paratransit service, Dial-a-Ride, is available to seniors with disabilities that prevent them from using the fixed-route service.
- Compared to the rest of Idaho, Lewiston has a fairly high crime rate. Lewiston’s property crime rate is 28.73 per 1,000 residents, but statewide, the rate is only 16.35 per 1,000 residents. To protect seniors, some of the city’s assisted living facilities offer keypad entry, 24-hour security systems and other safety features.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lewiston
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Lewiston start around $3,295 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lewiston and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lewiston
For help paying for assisted living in Lewiston, seniors can look to Idaho's Aged and Disabled waiver. This Medicaid waiver helps eligible seniors pay for the services they receive in assisted living facilities, including personal care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lewiston
Lewiston and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lewiston, please visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lewiston
Lewiston-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lewiston, ID
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lewiston
Review of Wedgewood Terrace
My father is a resident of Wedgewood Terrace. My father had issues that required care, but his experience so far is fine. The staff takes him to his regular doctors' appointments, and follows the o... Read more
Review of Royal Plaza Retirement & Rehabilitation Center
My mother moved into Royal Plaza Retirement & Rehab Center, and it's been a very good experience. They take care of her, and anything you want, they try to get. I've eaten there a few times, yo... Read more
Review of Brookdale Lewiston
Brookdale Lewiston was good and excellent. The staff was helpful and professional. The apartment we saw looked alright. We got there just when one meal was finishing up, so of course everybody was ... Read more