9 Assisted Living Facilities near Longview, TX
Also serving communities of Kilgore.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Longview area, with 8 in Longview and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Longview is $2,728 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 73 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Longview. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Longview 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Marshall with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 19 families in Longview find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Longview, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Longview, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Longview
Longview is in the northeastern region of Texas about 30 miles away from the Louisiana border. Over 24 percent of its population are seniors, and with its beautiful rolling hills and lush vegetation, it's easy to see why so many have chosen to spend their golden years in the area. To ease this transition for seniors, there are a total of nine assisted living facilities in the Longview area, one of which is located nearby in Kilgore. Throughout the state, Texas Health and Human Services are responsible for licensing and regulating all assisted living facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Longview
- Longview has a low cost of living. Overall costs are more than 10 percent below the national average, meaning seniors will have more money to put towards the cost of assisted living.
- Longview is home to many cultural events and festivals that occur year-round. Some assisted living facilities may offer supervised day trips to take in some of these events such as the Fourth of July Freedom and Fireworks Festival or the Longview Kennel Club's AKC Dog Show.
- The state of Texas does not deduct income tax from its residents. This means social security and other retirement benefits are tax-free, leaving seniors with more disposable income.
- The Longview area is home to world-class medical facilities, including CHRISTUS Good Shephard Medical Center - Longview, in case of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors living in Longview have a greater chance of becoming a victim of property crimes such as robbery, theft or fraud. While the national median for property crime is 25 reports of property crime for every 1,000 residents, in Longview, a total of 36.37 property crimes are reported for every 1,000 residents.
- Longview Transit gives seniors a safe public transportation option that includes reduced fares for senior citizens.
Paying for Assisted Living in Longview
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Longview start around $2,728 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Longview and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Longview
Texas seniors who reside in assisted living facilities may be eligible for the STAR+PLUS HCBS program, which pays for services provided by care facilities. The program operates under a Medicaid 1115 demonstration managed care waiver.
Although there is no optional supplement to Supplemental Security Income in Texas, room and board rates are capped by the state for Medicaid eligible seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Longview
Longview and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Longview, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Longview
Longview-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Longview, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Longview
Review of Brookdale Longview
My dad just moved into Brookdale Longview a little over a month ago. They just seem to be a little bit more personable, and it fits him better. They've been very friendly, they've really worked to ... Read more
Review of Buckner Westminster Place
Buckner Westminster Place has been really great. They really take care of my parents, and they keep having a lot of activities for them. Their apartment is very nice and they like it. They have bin... Read more
Review of Hawkins Creek
I went over to Hawkins Creek. It was very nice and very pleasant. The staff was very nice. We pretty much stayed in the lobby, and we didn't take a big, grand tour or anything. We stood in the dini... Read more