4 Assisted Living Facilities near Mount Pleasant, TX
Also serving communities of Pittsburg, Mount Vernon, Naples.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mount Pleasant area, with 3 in Mount Pleasant and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mount Pleasant is $2,800 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 12 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mount Pleasant. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mount Pleasant 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sulphur Springs with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mount Pleasant, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Mount Pleasant, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
Cozy Mount Pleasant is located in northeast Texas, a small community with 14 percent of the population over 60. There are six assisted living facilities in Mount Pleasant to accommodate this population. It's conveniently located off Interstate 30, approximately 100 miles east of the busy Dallas-Fort Worth area.
The state of Texas designates two levels of assisted living. Licensing depends on the residents' ability to evacuate without staff assistance in case of an emergency and the need for overnight care and supervision.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
- North Texas weather is hot, with July temperatures averaging around 93 degrees. Summers are long, and winters are mild, with January lows averaging around 33. Those who find warm weather alleviates health conditions will be comfortable here, but seniors who are sensitive to heat may need to take precautions.
Air quality in Mount Pleasant is rated a 39, significantly less than the U.S. average of 58. Seniors with respiratory concerns are advised to stay indoors to avoid irritation.
- Mount Pleasant's cost of living is about 15 percent lower than the national average at 85.5. Housing is around two-thirds the national average, while grocery expenses and health care are just slightly below.
- The city's violent crime rate is 25.7 out of 100, while the U.S. average is 31.1. The property crime rate is higher, 58.5 versus the 38.1 national average. While much of the property crime rate is car-break-ins and petty theft, seniors are still advised to use caution and secure their belongings.
- Texas has no state income tax, which includes retirement income and social security benefits. This means more money for seniors to provide for their assisted living expenses. However, Texas has some of the highest rates in the nation for sales tax and property taxes.
- The Mount Pleasant area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Titus Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Mount Pleasant start around $2,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mount Pleasant and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
Seniors who receive SSI income, or Medicaid or Medicare benefits may receive partial financial assistance through the STAR+PLUS program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mount Pleasant, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Mount Pleasant, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
Review of Mt Pleasant Assisted Living
I went to Mount Pleasant Assisted Living today to see about placing my parents I entered into what they call the core building where the Administrators office was and I was literally shocked at ho... Read more
Review of Mt Pleasant Assisted Living
Mt. Pleasant Assisted Living was fine. I couldn't see anything bad about it. It was clean and neat. It looked like an apartment and did not appeal to me. I had no problem with the person who helped... Read more
Review of The Lodge Assisted Living
The facility is very short staffed. I have a relative there and meds are not delivered in a timely manner. The food is below average. Too many starchy foods and not enough fruits or vegetables. Pro... Read more