8 Assisted Living Facilities near Alliance, OH
Also serving communities of Minerva.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Alliance area, with 5 in Alliance and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Alliance is $2,621 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395. Cheaper nearby regions include Salem with an average starting cost of $2,445.
To help you with your search, browse the 21 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Alliance. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Alliance 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Salem with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Alliance, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Alliance, OH
For the safety of our residents, we are only conducting Virtual Tours. For over 40 years, Brookda... (more)
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Alliance, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Alliance
Alliance, OH, was formed in the 19th century from the merger of several smaller towns, two of which were called Freedom and Liberty. Today, the Ohio Department of Health’s Office of Health Assurance and Licensing regulates Alliance's eight assisted living communities with an eye toward protecting the freedom and independence of the hundreds of seniors who live in them. Residents of Ohio's assisted living facilities get room and board, help taking some medications and regular assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as dressing and grooming.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Alliance
- Alliance is only a few miles southeast of Akron, close enough to share its weather. Mild summer highs of 84 degrees Fahrenheit drop to winter lows of 20 degrees Fahrenheit in January here, which sometimes makes outdoor activities difficult for seniors with COPD and other breathing issues.
- Alliance's cost of living is slightly lower than the cost in most other communities in America. Seniors who shop for groceries here can expect to pay about 96 percent the national average, while health care costs are just about 98 percent of the national median.
- State income tax in Ohio runs from 0.495 to 4.997 percent, though individual communities may impose a local income tax of up to 3 percent. Aging citizens who depend on SSI and many kinds of retirement income may be exempt. Seniors may notice sales tax adding 6.5 to 8 percent to their purchases.
Crime rates in Alliance are generally 20 to 30 percent higher than national averages, though most of this is property crime and theft. Violent crimes, which are of special concern to seniors, are lower in Alliance than elsewhere in Ohio.
- Alliance is part of a regional transit network run by the Stark Area Regional Transit Authority (SARTA). This service runs buses through five medium-sized local cities, offers discounts for seniors and riders with disabilities and operates ADA-compliant vehicles that make travel easy and comfortable for riders with limited mobility.
- The Alliance area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Alliance Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Alliance
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Alliance start around $2,538 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Alliance and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Alliance
Aging citizens who need help covering the cost of assisted living may qualify for an Assisted Living Waiver from the state of Ohio. The state also has a residential state supplement program available.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Alliance
Alliance and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Alliance, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Alliance
Alliance-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Alliance, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Alliance
Review of Alliance Danbury
Admissions will say anything to get you in the door. They will keep your loved one as long as you are paying cash and an "easy" patient. When you need more care, you will be kicked out. When you... Read more
Review of Brookdale Alliance
Brookdale was very nice. I met the person in charge, and she was very nice. The accommodations were great and looked nice. Read more
Review of Brookdale Alliance
Mom is in Brookdale Alliance for respite care. The place is nice and clean, and the people are very friendly. Her apartment is nice and comfortable. They take them out once a week to eat out or go ... Read more