The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in West Fargo, ND for 2023
Also serving communities of Arthur.
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the West Fargo area, with 3 in West Fargo and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in West Fargo is $6,000 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,875. Cheaper nearby regions include Fargo with an average starting cost of $4,960.
To help you with your search, browse the 27 reviews below for assisted living facilities in West Fargo. On average, consumers rate assisted living in West Fargo 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fargo with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in West Fargo, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in West Fargo, ND
What to Consider About Assisted Living in West Fargo
Conservation-minded seniors may appreciate West Fargo's participation in the Arbor Day Foundation’s Tree City USA program. The ceremonial tree planting on Arbor Day is one of the city’s most popular annual celebrations, with both young students and seniors actively involved. Of West Fargo’s population of about 36,600, 8.6% is made up of residents aged 65 and older.
When seniors need help with the activities of daily living, such as dressing, grooming and cooking, they have three assisted living facilities (ALFs) and Basic Care Facilities (BCFs) in West Fargo to turn to. Another 11 in surrounding cities provide a range of choices. ALFs and BCFs in West Fargo and the rest of the state must be licensed by both the state Department of Human Services and the North Dakota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in West Fargo
- The American Lung Association gives the air quality in West Fargo, and all Cass County, an “A” for ozone pollution and a “C” for particle pollution. Seniors with heart or lung diseases should avoid outdoor exertion on high-pollution days.
- Seniors and their families may be reassured to learn that crime in West Fargo is lower than in many other American cities. While the average national violent crime rate score is 22.7 out of 100, West Fargo scores an 11.2. West Fargo’s property crime rate of 25.3 is also lower than the U.S. average of 35.4.
- The West Fargo area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sanford Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Although the overall cost of living in West Fargo compares with the national average, seniors save on healthcare costs, which are 27% lower. Transportation and utilities are also less expensive in West Fargo.
- West Fargo offers an array of resources for seniors, including Valley Senior Services, which provides health screenings, community dining, recreational programming and transportation.
- Seniors seeking a comfortable year-round climate won’t find it in West Fargo. The city earns a very low Sperling’s Comfort Index Score of 32 out of 100 due to 49 inches of average annual snowfall, a winter low of 0 degrees in January and excessive humidity in the summer months.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in West Fargo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Dakota
Assisted Living costs in West Fargo start around $6,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in West Fargo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in West Fargo
Medicaid-eligible West Fargo seniors residing in assisted living facilities may be eligible for funding of personal care services from Medicaid through the North Dakota Medicaid State Plan Personal Care Services (MSP-PC). The program does not provide money for room and board, however.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Dakota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Dakota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in West Fargo
West Fargo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in West Fargo, please visit our Assisted Living in North Dakota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in West Fargo
West Fargo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Dakota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Dakota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near West Fargo, ND
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in West Fargo
Review of New Perspective | West Fargo
At New Perspective West Fargo, the layout of the studio apartment units was unique. The staff was very nice, very helpful, and very compassionate. They put a welcome sign in the entryway when we ha... Read more
Review of New Perspective | West Fargo
We visited New Perspective - West Fargo. The staff was really nice. The rooms were huge, and it looked very well-kept and very clean. I don't remember everything, but I think they offered quite a b... Read more
Review of Kind-er Care Assisted Living Home
Kind-er Care Assisted Living Home offers more like a bedroom and commune type of living. It was more like a family setting. The building looked fairly new and didn't seem like it was that old. Ther... Read more