12 Assisted Living Facilities near Detroit Lakes, MN
Also serving communities of Frazee, Vergas.
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Detroit Lakes area, with 10 in Detroit Lakes and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Detroit Lakes. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Detroit Lakes 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Perham with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Detroit Lakes, call (855) 863-8283.
10 Assisted Living Facilities in Detroit Lakes, MN
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Detroit Lakes, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Detroit Lakes
Detroit Lakes is a historic town that began development as part of the Northern Pacific Railroad in 1871, and it's now a suburb of Detroit. Seniors living here can select from 20 assisted living facilities (ALFs), 10 in Detroit Lakes, and 10 in located nearby communities. ALFs provide assistance with bathing, eating, grooming, medication reminders and general care. In Detroit Lakes, as in all of Minnesota, assisted living facilities are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Detroit Lakes
- The air quality in Detroit Lakes received an excellent Ozone rating of A and a Particle Pollution 24-hour score of B from the American Lung Association. This is good news for seniors with a respiratory illness or sensitive lungs.
- The Detroit Lakes area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Essentia Health St. Mary's-Detroit Lakes, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- There are many attractions and things to do in the scenic Detroit Lakes. Seniors in the area might enjoy the annual Pow Wow, the Historic Holmes Theatre, Shakespeare in the Park or bird watching.
- The cost of living in Detroit Lakes is 0.7 percent higher than U. S. average, quite low compared to the rest of the state which is 3.5 percent higher. Detroit Lakes seniors on a budget may find this area helps them save.
- Seniors and their loved ones should know that crime in Detroit Lakes is higher than the national average. Violent crime is 35.2 out of 100 (1 being safest) compared to the U. S. average of 31.1. Property crime is even higher at 59.2 compared to the nation's 38.1 average.
- The harsh winter temperatures in Detroit Lakes may make it difficult for some seniors to stay active and healthy throughout the year. The 45-inch annual snowfall could affect seniors with limited mobility, and the January low of -1 degree might bother seniors with respiratory conditions or those sensitive to the cold.
Paying for Assisted Living in Detroit Lakes
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Detroit Lakes start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Detroit Lakes and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Detroit Lakes
Citizens of Detroit Lakes have many options for financial assistance as Minnesota residence. Medical Assistance (MA), Minnesota's Medicaid plan offers coverage to qualified seniors in addition to Medicaid waivers for those who are eligible.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Detroit Lakes
Detroit Lakes and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Detroit Lakes, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Detroit Lakes
Detroit Lakes-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Detroit Lakes, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Detroit Lakes
Review of Lincoln Park Assisted Living
Was very friendly and warm Read more