10 Assisted Living Facilities near Brookhaven, NY
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brookhaven area, with 1 in Brookhaven and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brookhaven is $1,260 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,375.
To help you with your search, browse the 41 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brookhaven. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brookhaven 2.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Patchogue with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brookhaven, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Brookhaven, NY
9 Assisted Living Facilities near Brookhaven, NY
Assisted Living near Brookhaven, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brookhaven
Review of New Brookhaven Town House
New Brookhaven Town House was dirty and wasn't good at all. The staff seemed disorganized, but they were very nice. It really needs painting and cleaning. There were cobwebs hanging from the ceilin... Read more
Review of New Brookhaven Town House
would be great if they allowed pets!!! Read more
Assisted Living near Suffolk County, NY
More Options Near Brookhaven, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brookhaven
Seniors who enjoy history may like strolling along the streets of Brookhaven, NY. The town has 15 historic districts with dozens of New York State Register and National Register historical locations. There are only two assisted living facilities within the city limits but 49 in nearby Patchogue, Medford and Holtsville. All communities in New York are regulated by the New York State Department of Health. The state licenses three types of Adult Care Facilities (ACFs) including Adult Homes, Enriched Housing Programs and Residences for Adults.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brookhaven
- Brookhaven violent crime is a little higher than national average at 36.2 (U.S. average is 31) while property crime is slightly lower at 34 (U.S. average is 38).
- Since Brookhaven is located in the northeast, the town does experience all four seasons complete with heat and snow. Summer highs are an average of 82 degrees while winter lows average 23 degrees. Extreme temperatures can affect seniors with health problems.
- The cost of living in Brookhaven is a bit higher than national average. The greatest cost is housing. Brookhaven housing is about 85 percent higher than the national average. Even though they aren't buying, this can affect seniors living in assisted living facilities because the high housing price can affect facility fees.
- According to the National Air Toxics Assessment, Brookhaven has an air quality rating of 73. Since 100 is the best, this means Brookhaven has relatively good air quality. Good air benefits seniors with respiratory illnesses.
- Brookhaven Division of Senior Citizen’s Services offers many programs for seniors living in the town. This includes the Rose Caracappa Senior Center, over 27 senior clubs, yearly senior picnic, technology classes and The Lending Closet that loans medical equipment.
- Brookhaven has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness. The nearest hospital is the Long Island Community Hospital in Patchogue, which is a mere 10 miles from Brookhaven city center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brookhaven
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Brookhaven start around $1,260 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brookhaven and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brookhaven
New York State residents that are eligible for the Assisted Living Program can use it to help pay for facility costs. This program is available for both Medicaid recipients or private payers.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brookhaven
Brookhaven and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brookhaven, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brookhaven
Brookhaven-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.