3 Assisted Living Facilities near Peterborough, NH
Also serving communities of New Ipswich.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Peterborough area, with 2 in Peterborough and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Peterborough. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Peterborough 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Keene with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Peterborough, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Peterborough, NH
1 Assisted Living Facility near Peterborough, NH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Peterborough
Tucked away in western New Hampshire, Peterborough is a culturally rich community that possesses a unique, small-town charm and high quality of life. Just over 6,600 residents call this town home, and more than 26.8% of them are aged 65 and older.
In the Peterborough area, there are eight facilities offering daily assistance to this age demographic. These assisted living residences are separated into two categories depending on the level of care offered, supported residential health care facilities and residential care facilities. The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, Bureau of Health Facilities Administration is responsible for licensing all ALRs in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Peterborough
- While Peterborough has no fixed-route public transportation service, seniors can get around town with the Community Volunteer Transportation Company. The CVTC offers no-fee transportation services to 31 communities across the Monadnock region, including Peterborough, to help seniors without transportation travel to medical appointments, grocery stores and the pharmacy.
- Despite warm summer weather, winters in Peterborough are harsh, with temperatures dropping to an average low of just 12 degrees. The area also expects to see an average of 68 inches of snow throughout the season, which could limit the time seniors are able to spend outdoors.
- Peterborough's low crime rate can offer seniors peace of mind in their daily lives. On a scale to 100, violent crime is rated 10.4 and property crime scores 22.9, both of which fall below national averages in the same categories.
- The Peterborough area is home to a wide variety of arts and culture for seniors. View local art at the Sharon Arts Center, catch a movie at the Peterborough Community Theater, enjoy a main-stage show put on by the Peterborough Players or browse one of the area's many antique shops.
- Though higher than the national average, the cost of living in Peterborough falls below the statewide average, making it an economical choice for New Hampshire seniors.
- The Peterborough area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Monadnock Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Peterborough
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Hampshire
Assisted Living costs in Peterborough start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Peterborough and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Peterborough
Seniors in Peterborough can access financial assistance through the Medicaid Choices for Independence (CFI) Waiver program. It's administered by the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, Bureau of Elderly and Adult Services, and covers the cost of assisted living services. The state of New Hampshire also provides an optional state supplement (OSS) for seniors residing in RCFs to help cover room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Peterborough
Peterborough and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Peterborough, please visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Peterborough
Peterborough-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Hampshire are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Peterborough
Review of Scott-Farrar at Petersborough
Scott Farrar at Peterborough was a very nice place, but it was just a little bit too expensive for us. The staff was friendly, and the place was clean and very well-maintained. Some of the people w... Read more
Review of Summerhill Assisted Living
We looked at Summerhill Assisted Living. They were more like the crystal glass over a paper cup of facilities. They were almost too good. I knew my mother would not fit in because she grew up in th... Read more
Review of Summerhill Assisted Living
My husband had stayed at Summerhill. It had a regular assisted living area and a dementia area. It was a wonderful facility and he had the best of care. He was there a year and a half. We knew that... Read more