4 Assisted Living Facilities near Keene, NH
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Keene area, with 3 in Keene and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Keene is $4,255 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,425.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Keene. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Keene 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Keene, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Keene, NH
1 Assisted Living Facility near Keene, NH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Keene
Located in the southern part of North Hampshire is Keene, a tranquil city known for its annual colorful pumpkin and music festivals. The city has a population of about 23,056, 16.4% of whom are seniors aged 65 and over. It also has three assisted living residences (ALRs) and one nearby facility to accommodate this senior population. These are divided up into residential care facilities (RCF) and supported residential health care facilities (SRHCF). The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services licenses and regulates these facilities in Keene, as they do throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Keene
- The cost of living in Keene's city is 95.4, 4.6% lower than the national average. This compares to New Hampshire's average of 114.4, which makes it substantially more affordable than much of the state. Transportation is particularly low at 69.6.
- Keene has an easy flow transport system with an average one-way commute that takes about 16 minutes to go around the city. Seniors can also take advantage of the Home Healthcare Hospice and Community Services that provide transportation programs that enable seniors to access medical appointments and services such as shopping and recreation.
- Keene experiences relatively long winters compared to summers, thus most seniors may find it unpleasant to consider long term care at the ALFs in the city.
- Keene has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Nicholasville.
- Keene city is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- Keene has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Sullivan County Service Link Program, an organization that provides seniors with services such as medical patrol, home visits and well-being checks.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Keene
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Hampshire
Assisted Living costs in Keene start around $4,255 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Keene and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Keene
Low-income seniors living in New-Hampshire may access financial assistance through the Choices for Independence waiver, which provides assistance with the cost of assisted living. Those applying must meet specific income, asset and level of impairment guidelines to qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Keene
Keene and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Keene, please visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Keene
Keene-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Hampshire are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Keene, NH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Keene
Review of American House Keene
Everything at Bentley Commons at Keene is excellent. We're getting excellent care, excellent meals, and good accommodations. We can sit out on the porch with the other residents just chit-chatting ... Read more
Review of American House Keene
they are just starting to evolve from assisted living to dementia care. The facility is run by competent, caring individuals with alot of patience! As my mother is progressing in her disease they... Read more