9 Assisted Living Facilities near Carthage, MO
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Carthage area, with 4 in Carthage and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Carthage is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Carthage. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Carthage 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Carthage, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Carthage, MO
5 Assisted Living Facilities near Carthage, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Carthage
Review of Oak Pointe of Carthage
The staff at Oak Point of Carthage was really friendly. It's all-inclusive with the utilities and meals, it's a very nice, and an aesthetically pleasing place. The rooms are a really good size, and... Read more
Review of Oak Pointe of Carthage
Oak Pointe is brand new, and they have two laundry facilities, a beauty parlor, and an indoor courtyard where they can plant things. They had their choices between suites where there is 2-bedrooom,... Read more
Assisted Living near Jasper County, MO
More Options Near Carthage, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Carthage
Carthage, Missouri is a great city for history buffs, as Carthage was the site of the first official battle in the American Civil War. Every year, locals re-enact this Battle of Carthage to commemorate its anniversary. Seniors who want to be a part of this historic community can choose from 12 assisted living facilities in the area. Four of these facilities are located within Carthage itself, while the other eight are located in neighboring towns. In Carthage, as in the rest of the state of Missouri, these assisted living facilities are regulated by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Carthage
- The cost of living in Carthage is 18 percent lower than the national average. This means that seniors (as well as other Carthage residents) may find that the cost of normal good and services are cheaper here than in other places.
- Some safety-minded seniors may find the crime rate in Carthage to be worrisome. It is 50 percent higher than the national average, with citizens having a one in 24 chance of being a victim of a violent or property crime at some point in their lives.
- The Carthage area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Mercy Hospital Carthage, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Carthage is, for the most part, pleasant. Highs in the summer months are around 90 degrees Fahrenheit and lows in the winter normally stay above 25 degrees Fahrenheit. The amount of precipitation is average, so seniors can spend quality time outdoors for much of the year.
- The air quality in Carthage is abysmal. It is 553 percent worse than the national average, which may make it extremely difficult for seniors with respiratory problems to breathe or spend time outside for much of the year.
- Just as Carthage is a great city for history fans, it is also terrific for seniors who love art. ArtCentral Carthage offers numerous opportunities for Carthage residents to both enjoy art and make their own.
Paying for Assisted Living in Carthage
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Carthage start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Carthage and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Carthage
Low-income seniors can turn to the Supplemental Nursing Care Program to help cover costs associated with assisted living. The state's Aged and Disabled Waiver and the State Personal Care Plan also apply to seniors residing in assisted living communities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Carthage
Carthage and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Carthage, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Carthage
Carthage-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.