The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Olivia, MN for 2024
Also serving communities of Lake Lillian.
There are 100 Assisted Living Facilities in the Olivia area, with 100 in Olivia and nearby.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Olivia, call (855) 948-3865.
What you can do with Caring
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Olivia
Olivia is a small city in Renville County, Minnesota. There are an estimated 2,347 residents living in Olivia and more than 14,500 residents in Renville County, 21% of whom are seniors. Some seniors in Olivia require long-term assisted living care and those who do can choose from four assisted living facilities located in the area. In Olivia and throughout Minnesota, these facilities are licensed and regulated by the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Olivia
- Olivia has plenty of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy, including an annual festival called Corn Capital Days, which features parades, musical entertainment and an air show.
- Seniors who require transportation to appointments or to run errands can travel safely via Central Community Transit, the county's public transit system. Seniors aged 60 and older can register to be paired with a volunteer driver who can provide personalized transportation up to three times per week.
- The Olivia area is home to world-class healthcare facilities, including RC Hospital & Clinics, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors looking for an affordable location are usually pleased to know that Olivia's overall cost of living is nearly 20% below the national average thanks to low housing, transportation and healthcare costs in the city.
- Seniors living in Olivia may want to prepare to spend plenty of time indoors during the wintertime. The average temperature in January is frigid at 4 degrees Fahrenheit, and the city has an average annual snowfall of 36 inches, which is 8 inches more than the average U.S. city.
- Olivia's air quality is rated 87 on a scale of 1 to 100 where 100 represents the best quality. This is well above the national average, which is only 58. Seniors who live in the city, and their loved ones, don't need to be concerned about air pollution or the adverse health effects it may cause.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Olivia
Assisted Living costs in Olivia start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Olivia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Cities in Minnesota
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Olivia
Seniors who reside in Olivia's assisted living facilities may be eligible for financial assistance under one of the state's Medicaid 1915(c) waivers: the Elderly Waiver and the Community Alternative Care Waiver. These waivers don't pay for room-and-board costs, but seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income may be able to pay using Minnesota's Supplemental Aid, which provides cash each month to seniors who reside in long-term care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Olivia
Olivia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Olivia, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Olivia
Olivia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.