3 Assisted Living Facilities in Montevideo, MN
Also serving communities of Clarkfield, Dawson.
The average cost of assisted living in Montevideo is $4,275 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,735.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Montevideo. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Montevideo 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Montevideo, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Montevideo, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Montevideo
Montevideo, Minnesota, a prairie city, is sprawling with rivers, parks and trails for the area's residents, along with the 1,094 seniors, to stroll through and enjoy. Some of those seniors may be considering assisted living. Minnesota and Montevideo categorize assisted living facilities as Class A or Class F home care agencies registered annually with the Department of Health and sometimes as adult foster homes, which are licensed by the Department of Human Services. Montevideo has three such facilities within the city limits for seniors to choose from.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Montevideo
- Seniors concerned about violent crime have no need to worry in Montevideo. The city’s violent crime rate is 12.8, almost half of the national average of 22.7. The city’s property crime rate is a little higher at 31.8, but it’s still slightly lower than the national average of 35.4.
- Minnesota fully taxes both pensions and retirement savings account income which could impact the amount of money Montevideo seniors can put toward their expenses.
- The Montevideo area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Chippewa County – Montevideo Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Montevideo is 74.7, almost 25 points lower than the national average of 100, which could make the city more affordable for seniors with restrictive budgets.
- Seniors with chronic respiratory issues like COPD and asthma may find that living in Montevideo helps alleviate some of their symptoms due to the good air quality. On a scale from 1 to 100 where lower numbers indicate poorer air quality, the city has a rank of 85, almost 30 points higher than the national average of 58.
- Montevideo has comfortable summers where highs reach 83 degrees and colder winters where lows dip down to 2 degrees in January. The city gets 27 inches of rain each year, 12 inches less than the national average of 39 inches; and 43 inches of snow annually, almost double the national average of 26 inches. Despite all of the precipitation, the city still gets 205 sunny days each year, on par with the national average. Seniors may want to ensure that prospective facility rooms have individual climate controls to keep them comfortable regardless of the weather.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Montevideo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Montevideo start around $4,275 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Montevideo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Montevideo
Montevideo seniors with low incomes who cannot afford assisted living expenses may be able to take advantage of Minnesota’s Medicaid Waivers. To qualify for either the Elderly Waiver, the Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver or the MSC+ & MSHO waiver, applicants must be eligible for Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Montevideo
Montevideo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Montevideo, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Montevideo
Montevideo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Montevideo
Review of Brookside Senior Living
The place is eight blocks from where my mother lives. It is a very small town, and Brookside is the place where they all go. My mother knows half the people in there. It is conveniently located for... Read more