3 Assisted Living Facilities near Pipestone, MN
Also serving communities of Jasper, Edgerton, Balaton.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pipestone area, with 2 in Pipestone and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Pipestone. Better rated regions include Luverne with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pipestone, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Pipestone, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pipestone
Pipestone is a city rich in history and home of the World's Largest Peace Pipe and the Pipestone National Monument. Seniors make up about 21% of the population of Pipestone, where two assisted living communities provide accommodation for those who require help with daily living. There are also four other facilities in the nearby communities of Jasper, Flandreau and Egerton. As in all of the state, the Minnesota Department of Health is responsible for assisted living facilities in Pipestone and the surrounding area.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pipestone
- While Pipestone rates a 6.6 out of 10 on the Best Places Comfort Level, making it higher than the norm for Minnesota, the city does have cold winters and snow does fall. The average winter temperature in January is 21 degrees, so seniors wishing to participate in outdoor activities may want to dress warmly and watch for icy streets.
- The crime rate for both violent and property crimes is much lower in Pipestone than in other areas of Minnesota and the United States. This is reassuring for seniors wishing to live in the area.
- Unfortunately for seniors on a fixed income, Minnesota has one of the highest tax rates in the country. All forms of retirement income, including Social Security, are taxed, which is something seniors may want to consider before retiring in Pipestone.
- Pipestone has a relatively low cost of living which is well under the national average. This may be appealing to seniors living on a limited income.
- While the American Lung Association has not measured the air quality in Pipestone, the entire state of Minnesota tends to have good air quality, and this has been improving over recent years. Occasionally, wildfires in other parts of the country and Canada may cause some days of discomfort for seniors with respiratory illnesses.
- A historic downtown area with charming boutiques, antique stores and restaurants make the arts and culture scene in Pipestone vibrant. Residents can also enjoy the local Farmer's Market, the Performing Arts Centre and the numerous walking trails within and around the city.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pipestone
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Pipestone start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pipestone and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pipestone
Minnesota has a variety of government-sponsored programs to help low-income seniors with facility expenses. Assisted living residents whose assets and income meet program guidelines can apply for the Elderly Waiver (EW). Some residents may also be able to receive assistance from the Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pipestone
Pipestone and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pipestone, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pipestone
Pipestone-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.