5 Assisted Living Facilities near Sioux Center, IA
Also serving communities of Orange City, Hawarden, Sheldon, Remsen, Remsen.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sioux Center area, with 4 in Sioux Center and 1 nearby.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sioux Center, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Sioux Center, IA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sioux Center
Seniors can step back in time at the Heritage Village in Sioux Center, Iowa, where a blacksmith shop and church let visitors experience a bygone era. Of 7,000 people who call the town home, 13% are at least 65 years old. There are four assisted living facilities in Sioux Center to help serve those in this age group who need assistance with the tasks of daily living.
These facilities in Iowa, including Sioux Center, are overseen by the Department of Inspections and Appeals, Health Facilities Division as assisted living programs and residential care facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sioux Center
- Iowa partially taxes pensions and retirement savings account income which could impact Sioux Center seniors who use this income to pay for their facility expenses.
- The Sioux Center area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sioux Center Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- At 92, the cost of living in Sioux Center is 8% higher than the national baseline of 100 and about 2% higher than the state average. Seniors can expect to pay less for transportation and utilities than in similar cities across the country.
- Most assisted living facilities have modern security protocols, including equipment, such as alarms and security cameras. However, seniors may also breathe a sigh of relief thanks to the low crime stats in the area. Sioux Center's violent crime rate is 8.1, a fraction of the U.S. median of 22.7, and the property crime rate is 9.2, a quarter of the national norm of 35.4.
Air quality in Sioux Center is 80, according to the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment. This is 22 points above the countrywide average, which might be welcome news to seniors with respiratory conditions aggravated by pollution.
- While summers are balmy, with July highs of 84 degrees, winters in Sioux City dip to 7 degrees. This could prove challenging for seniors who are sensitive to colder weather. Family members may wish to ask what measures are taken to ensure residents' comfort when temperatures drop in assisted living facilities. About 29 inches of rain fall each year, 9 inches less than the national average, and the town receives 32 inches of snow annually, four inches less than the national median.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sioux Center
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Iowa
Assisted Living costs in Sioux Center start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sioux Center and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sioux Center
Sioux Center seniors may be eligible for assistance from Iowa’s HCBS Elderly waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sioux Center
Sioux Center and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sioux Center, please visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sioux Center
Sioux Center-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Iowa are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page for more information about these laws.