9 Assisted Living Facilities near Augusta, ME
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Augusta area, with 2 in Augusta and 7 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 25 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Augusta. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Augusta 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hallowell with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Augusta, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Augusta, ME
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Augusta
Augusta is the capital of Maine so the town offers many historical sites to explore Augusta's past. It also offers plenty of outdoor recreation from golf to fishing and features 10 assisted living facilities, two within the city limits and eight in nearby areas, including Waterville, Farmingdale and Readfield. These assisted living facilities help with basic everyday tasks, such as washing and getting dressed, to more advanced care, and they cater to a variety of needs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Augusta
- With an average annual temperature of 45 degrees Fahrenheit and an average annual snowfall of 72 inches, Augusta, ME, may not be an attractive option to seniors who dislike cold weather.
- The cost of living in Augusta, ME, is 7.6 percent lower than the national average and 10.8 percent lower than the state average, making it a more affordable option for seniors in the northeast.
- The overall crime rate in Augusta is 44 percent higher than the national average. Overall, the rate of reported crime is 132 percent higher than the state average. Augusta may not be a safe area, as the rate of violent crime is 235 percent higher than the state average.
- The Augusta area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the MaineGeneral Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Augusta is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Augusta has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Spectrum Generations’ Cohen Community Center, an organization that provides seniors with a variety of activities and special events, as well as two other senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Augusta
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maine
Assisted Living costs in Augusta start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Augusta and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Augusta
The state of Maine runs a Medicaid program named MaineCare. MaineCare provides residents that are financially and medically eligible with funding to stay in an assisted living community. Unlike some states, Maine may cover the entire cost of an assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maine page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maine page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Augusta
Augusta and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Augusta, please visit our Assisted Living in Maine page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Augusta
Augusta-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maine are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maine page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Augusta
Review of Snow Pond Residential Care Center
I am currently at Snow Pond Residential Care Center, and it seemed to me that this place is a little crowded. The food is good, and they are strict to each calorie a day. This coming Friday, we are... Read more
Review of The Inn at City Hall
While visiting relatives at the Inn At City Hall I could not help but be impressed with the city. Maine is a beautiful area and this assisted living facility is no different. It is a historic build... Read more
Review of The Inn at City Hall
The Inn at City Hall is the perfect place for a senior citizen to live. They will have a clean and well maintained apartment and people on staff 24 hours a day to help them with whatever needs they... Read more