1 Assisted Living Facility in Gibson City, IL
The average cost of assisted living in Gibson City is $3,065 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,350. Cheaper nearby regions include Rantoul with an average starting cost of $2,816.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Gibson City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Gibson City 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Gibson City find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gibson City, call (855) 863-8283.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Gibson City
Review of Gibson City Villas of Hollybrook
Gibson City was beautiful. The dining facility, the people, the activities, the rooms, the location, the beautiful setting -- it was definitely a cut above the other ones. The location was in a rea... Read more
Assisted Living near Ford County, IL
More Options Near Gibson City, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gibson City
Appropriately named "The Big Little City," Gibson City, Illinois, has a small population and a hometown feel. The population doesn't support an assisted living facility in the city at this time, but seniors will find AFLs in nearby towns such as Rantoul and Bloomington. Throughout the area, as well as in the rest of the state, ALFs are licensed by the Division of Assisted Living, which is a part of the Illinois Department of Public Health. Seniors can get 24-hour assistance with mobility, daily living activities and even housekeeping while living as independent and active a life as possible in Illinois assisted living communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gibson City
- The cost of living in Gibson City is well below the national and state averages, and seniors in the area will find low costs on groceries and health care services.
- The annual average temperature in the town is 50 degrees F, with an annual average high of 60 degrees F. While seniors may need to hunker down during some winter storms, the pleasantly cool spring and fall days make outdoor pursuits such as gardening enjoyable.
- Senior living around the Gibson City area — or anywhere else in the state — don't have to pay Illinois income tax on many disbursements from retirement sources, allowing them to stretch a limited income farther.
- Gibson city is a safe area, with individuals having only a 1 in 80 chance of being a victim of any type of crime in town. Seniors looking to spend time in a safe area can enjoy the small town shops.
- The Gibson City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Gibson Area Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors visiting the Gibson City area can take advantage of the small-town feel and even catch a movie at the Harvest Moon Drive In. Seasonally, Hardy's Reindeer Ranch has corn mazes and other autumn attractions, and since there's no gate admission, seniors can plan to visit with the entire family.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gibson City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Gibson City start around $3,065 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gibson City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gibson City
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gibson City
Gibson City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gibson City, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gibson City
Gibson City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.