1 Assisted Living Facility in Danforth, IL
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Danforth. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Danforth 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Danforth, call (855) 863-8283.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Danforth
Review of Prairieview Lutheran Home
Luther Place is a small, assisted living facility that is part of Prairieview Lutheran Home. This facility also has a nursing home and Alzheimer's and Dementia unit in a nearby facility for residen... Read more
Assisted Living near Iroquois County, IL
More Options Near Danforth, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Danforth
Danforth is a small town in rural Iroquois County, Illinois, with a population of less than 600. Even though the median age in the area sits in the upper 40s, Danforth has three assisted living facilities to accommodate its senior population. One facility is located in Danforth, and two more are located in nearby communities. In Danforth, and the rest of Illinois, assisted living facilities are regulated by the Illinois Department of Public Health, which ensures each of the state's facilities maintain the level of care required and provide seniors with a safe place to call home.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Danforth
- Danforth has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Watseka.
- Seniors in Danforth don't have to pay state income tax on any type of retirement income. Withdrawals from retirement accounts, pensions and Social Security payments aren't taxed.
Danforth is prone to harsh winter weather, which may be a problem for some seniors. During the winter months, temperatures can drop into the low teens and snowfall is common. However, the weather in Danforth is fairly mild the rest of the year. Summer highs rarely exceed 86 degrees Fahrenheit, making it easy to get outside and enjoy the day.
- Seniors might be concerned about the crime rate in Danforth. The city's overall crime rate is 17 percent higher than the national average, making the area safer than only 16 percent of other U.S. cities.
- The overall cost of living in Danforth is 7 percent lower than the national average. However, low-income seniors may have trouble finding necessities for an affordable price. Grocery costs average 8 percent higher than the national average, and the cost of health care sits around 5 percent higher than the national average.
- Show Bus Public Transportation provides a fixed route bus service throughout Iroquois County and Watseka. Seniors do need to schedule rides in advance, but everyone age 60 and older rides for free.
Paying for Assisted Living in Danforth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Danforth start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Danforth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Danforth
Illinois has two Medicaid waiver programs to help seniors pay costs associated with assisted living — the Managed Long-Term Services and Supports program and the Supported Living Program. The state also offers an Optional State Supplement (OSS) program to help low-income seniors cover assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Danforth
Danforth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Danforth, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Danforth
Danforth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.