14 Assisted Living Facilities near Perry, GA
Also serving communities of Fort Valley, Marshallville, Unadilla.
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Perry area, with 4 in Perry and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Perry is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 46 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Perry. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Perry 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Warner Robins with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Perry, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Perry, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Perry
In Perry, Ga. 13 percent of the population are age 65 and over. Seniors looking for day trips off assisted living property may enjoy visiting the award-winning Georgia National Fairgrounds and Agricenter where there are horse shows, livestock events, concerts, and sporting events.
Assisted living facilities in Perry, Ga., are governed by the Georgia Department of Community Health, the licensing body for the state. To stay in good standing, these communities must meet the following criteria: Provide care for 25 or more people, have a certified medication aide on staff to oversee the distribution of medication and make provisions for or offer assistance with essential daily needs to include eating, bathing, toileting, dressing and grooming. There are four facilities in Perry that meet these standards with another 13 in the surrounding area.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Perry
- The cost of living in Perry is 16 percent below the national average. This makes it an ideal area for seniors living on a limited budget.
- Perry is a relatively safe community. Its property crime rate is slightly higher than the national average but below that of surrounding areas, and its violent crime stats are well below both.
- For seniors sensitive to cold or damp conditions, the weather in Perry can be inviting. Winter temperatures rarely drop below freezing and summer highs only climb into the low 90s. As a bonus, the city averages just 69 days of precipitation per year.
- The air quality in Perry is considered by the EPA to be slightly below the national average. The primary cause of this is high the pollen counts in the mostly rural community. For seniors with allergies, this could be an important consideration to keep in mind.
- The Perry area is home to world-class facilities, including Perry Hospital and Houston Medical center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Perry has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Middle Georgia Community Action Agency, an organization that provides recreational activities, health, fitness and educational programs and shopping assistance, as well as a senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Perry
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Perry start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Perry and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Perry
There are two government programs to help qualified seniors pay for care in a Perry assisted living facility: the Community Care Service Program (CCSP) and Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment Program (SOURCE). Both of these are Medicaid waiver programs and subject to availability.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Perry
Perry and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Perry, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Perry
Perry-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Perry
Review of Arbor Manor Assisted Living Community
The staff member that I met at Arbor Manor was really nice and seemed knowledgeable. They were very organized when it comes to the diet plans of their patients. They've revamped and made improvemen... Read more
Review of Arbor Manor Assisted Living Community
We really liked Arbor Manor. It's a relatively new facility. The staff seemed to be very knowledgeable, friendly, and seemed to care about everybody. Everything seemed nice and clean, and the rooms... Read more
Review of Summerhill Senior Living Community
My mother is at Summerhill for about 2 weeks now, and the experience has been pretty good so far. The staff was very professional, and we haven't had any issues so far. The admission process was fa... Read more