11 Assisted Living Facilities near Dublin, GA
Also serving communities of Irwinton.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Dublin area, with 7 in Dublin and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Dublin is $2,120 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 33 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dublin. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dublin 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Tennille with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dublin, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Dublin, GA
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Dublin, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dublin
The folks in Dublin, Ga. refer to it as "The Emerald City" and aim to keep the city "Green and Growing." Seniors, especially those of Irish decent, may enjoy the annual Dublin-Laurens St. Patrick's Festival in March, a tradition for over 30 years.
Seniors will also find seven assisted living facilities within Dublic and four others located in the surrounding area that meets the state's criteria for licensing. According to the Georgia Department of Community Health, these standards are caring for 25 or more patients, having a certified medication aide to oversee the dispensing of medications and providing assistance with bathing, eating, dressing and grooming.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dublin
- The cost of living in Dublin is 17.4 percent lower than the national average and is among the lowest in the region. This coupled with the low cost of assisted living facilities make it an attractive location for seniors on a budget.
- With temperatures that run from the mid-90s in the summer to mid-30s in the winter, Dublin has a comfortable climate that most seniors would find appealing. The one drawback is that the area is prone to severe thunderstorms.
- Dublin is not considered to be a very safe location to settle. It has a violent crime rate that is 27.8 points higher than the national average and a property crime rate that is more than double that of the average U.S. city.
- According to the EPA, the air quality in Dublin is 12 points below the national average. For seniors with respiratory problems, this could be a major consideration.
- The Dublin area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Fairview Park Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- You normally don't expect a wealth of arts and culture in a small rural town, but Dublin exceeds expectations. The Dublin Laurens Arts Council hosts a variety of musical performances throughout the year, and the city itself hosts numerous art exhibits and festivals.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dublin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Dublin start around $2,120 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dublin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dublin
The state of Georgia provides two Medicaid waiver programs to help its senior citizens pay for assisted living facilities. They are the Community Care Service Program (CCSP) and Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE). Both programs are limited and subject to availability.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dublin
Dublin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dublin, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dublin
Dublin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dublin
Review of The Villas at Bellevue, LLC
The Villas at Bellevue was nice, but they didn't have a memory unit. It was neat and clean and they were very helpful. It would be a good place for people who can do something for themselves. The s... Read more
Review of Summer Willow at James Place
My mom moved into Summer Willow at james Place. It was in the top two in regard to facility, and it was the best value for the money. Im very satisfied they provide assistance with medication, bat... Read more
Review of Dublin Place
I visited Dublin Place; it used to be Sherrington. I was quite impressed with the staff; they were helpful and informative. The director or the person that assisted gave me a lot of information, in... Read more