949 West Elm Street, Wrightsville, GA 31096

Reviews of Greenwood Place Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Greenwood Place Retirement Community

March 21, 2014

By Tammie1

Greenwood Place is local and in the town that my father is in all of his life. It is a nice place. The facility is fairly new so everything is really pretty, and has some good reviews from our friends. The place is very clean and the staff has been very accommodating and very nice to us. My father has possibly a few more issues with some of the people that are there. The main factor that we had is there were actually other residents that he already knew. The rooms are nice, really pretty, and good sized. It's not too small and it has an adjoining bathroom. The bathroom is large enough for his motorized wheelchair and he is able to get in and out of the bathroom without having to walk in. He can walk on his own, but it's painful for him. The bathroom is large enough and it's handicapped accessible. They check on him on a regular basis. We're very pleased with them. During the Christmas season, they decorate it beautifully. I know that they have church service every week, little exercises, they have TVs where they can go watch together. My daddy is not a game player very much, so he doesn't really get into all of that. He's got several of his friends that are there, and they sit around, talk and do things. He's very sociable, but he's just not a game player.

July 25, 2013

My mother's primary care provider suggested Greenwood Place. It's a beautiful building. My mother is very happy there. She gets great care. The staff is good. I like them. I have eaten there at one time. My mom would sometimes like the food and sometimes she would complain but that's normal for my mother.

July 12, 2013

By Rebecca15

I'm very satisfied with Greenwood. The staff is real nice and good. They take good care of my dad. The place is clean. They do have good activities inside but my father does not really participate much.

June 27, 2013

By Evalyn

I'm totally fine here in Greenwood. I'm happy to have found this place. I have been here for years. I'm satisfied with the staff, the place and the food. It's a fine place to live.

June 27, 2013

By Marjorie4

My husband and I had been looking for a place for mom for 6 months and we were sent information for Greenwood. We went out to Greenwood and we liked it. They have been wonderful. Mother has been there for 6 months and I could not have asked for anyone to have been any better to her. When mother went in back in December 2012, we did not know that my husband was sick. We did not find out until March 18th and he passed away on April 8th. We had to be in Atlanta at that time and Greenwood took excellent care of my mother. The place is excellent and very clean. In fact their health rating is 100. My mother is kept clean. She gets 3 meals a day. She had glaucoma many years ago. She was given drops and I didn't think she was getting the drops in. This year when I took her for an exam, the pressure was lower than it's been in years. So they're making sure that she gets her eye drops 3 times a day. She has made some friends there and she calls it home now. I brought her back down to her house on mother's day and she said that she does not think she want's to come back down there anymore. She's happy with Greenwood and I'm happy. I don't know what I would have done without David and Tanya during this time.

Costs for Greenwood Place Retirement Community

Services and Amenities of Greenwood Place Retirement Community

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

About Greenwood Place Retirement Community

Greenwood Place Retirement Community

Quality living begins in a place where you are an important part of a community and you receive the care you need. Greenwood Place Retirement Community supports your essential needs at exceptional rates. Tanya and David Walker work hard to provide residents top care, and encourage a small-town feel for residents, who are like a big extended family. Staff and residents enjoy close relationships and connections. Our biggest asset is that we are not owned by a big business. We are hands-on and are here for you. The Walkers' daily presence allows them to work closely with residents and family members.

Greenwood Place, in addition to being an assisted living community, is equipped for independent living, respite care, and adult day programs. Hospice care, medication management, and a 24-hour nurse are all available as needed. Active Greenwood residents choose from a variety of programs for leisure and health, such as fitness, art, woodworking, and games, including bingo and bridge. Onsite there are a beauty/barber shop, library, TV room, and beautiful gardens. Guests often come and visit and enjoy being part of the community as well. Family-owned and operated Greenwood Place Retirement Community is a charming, friendly, family oriented place to live.

Map of Greenwood Place Retirement Community