21 Assisted Living Facilities near Centerville, GA
Also serving communities of Byron.
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in the Centerville area, with 2 in Centerville and 19 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 54 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Centerville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Centerville 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Warner Robins with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Centerville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Centerville, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Centerville
Centerville is located in middle Georgia approximately 25 minutes south of Macon. It is home to a number of challenging golf courses and the Georgia National Fair, held every October, both of which may appeal to seniors who enjoy golf, music and southern food.
Seniors who want to retire in the area will find 34 assisted living facilities in the area. These facilities are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health and are referred to as Assisted Living Communities (ALCs) that house 25 or more people. Personal care homes must have two or more beds. Both communities offer room and board, grooming, housekeeping, medication administration and other personal care services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Centerville
- Centerville has a cost of living index of 88.1, which is lower than the state and national average of 100. Seniors may find they have more money left at the end of the month after paying for assisted living and other expenses.
- The city of Centerville gets approximately 8 inches more rain than the national average of 39 each year. Summers are hot and muggy with average highs around 92, which may make it difficult for seniors with respiratory illnesses to enjoy the outdoors. Winters are short and mild with lows rarely falling below freezing.
- Most assisted living facilities in Centerville have several security measures in place to make seniors feel safe in spite of the high rate of crime in the area. The overall crime rate in Centerville is 96 percent higher than the national average.
- For seniors who need rides to medical appointments and other types of outings, the Georgia Department of Aging offers a variety of options for seniors at discounted or free fares. This includes taxi cabs, senior center cans and paratransit networks.
- The city of Centerville has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Macon.
- Centerville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Meals on Wheels program, an organization that delivers hot meals to homebound seniors as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Centerville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Centerville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Centerville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Centerville
Two Georgia state Medicaid waivers help pay for assisted living care in Centerville. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE). These programs are available to low-income seniors and those receiving Social Security income benefits (SSI). Family supplementation is permitted for room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Centerville
Centerville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Centerville, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Centerville
Centerville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Centerville
Review of Southern Heritage PCH
Excellent,facility, wonderful staff and great clean impeccable facility. Really nice food and snacks Wonderful activities and caring people. Would recommend 100%after having lived in other facil... Read more
Review of Southern Heritage PCH
When I was in Southern Heritage I only saw two staff-members in the memory care building, although they don't have more than 20 patients at a time because it's a small community. The rooms are a fa... Read more
Review of Willow Creek Personal Care Home
Willow Creek Personal Care Home were unprepared for me to come. They were surprised that I was there, but they took me in anyway and showed me around. It was a good and clean place. The people were... Read more