14 Assisted Living Facilities near Oxford, GA
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Oxford area, with 2 in Oxford and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Oxford is $2,450 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Covington with an average starting cost of $2,019.
To help you with your search, browse the 67 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Oxford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Oxford 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Covington with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Oxford, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Oxford, GA
12 Assisted Living Facilities near Oxford, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oxford
Thirty-five miles southeast from Atlanta, Oxford, Georgia is a scenic, small town with huge, old oak trees, plenty of trails for hiking and easy access to Interstate 20. The mild winters make the city an excellent place for seniors who enjoy year-round outdoor activities. With two assisted living facilities in the town limits and 50 close by in places like Loganville and Conyers, Oxford provides plenty of places to live for seniors who require some level of daily care. These facilities are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oxford
- The Oxford area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Piedmont Newton Hospital and Emory at Covington, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Newton County Senior Services provides discounted transportation to and from their senior center for any senior enrolled in their programs, including exercise and art classes. The local Department of Human Services Division of Aging Services also provides rides at discounted fares or for free for both medical and non-medical purposes.
- Oxford has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Division of Aging Services, an organization that matches services with seniors in Oxford and the state of Georgia as well as one senior center.
- The cost of living in Oxford is 103.8, which is just slightly higher than the state average and the national average of 100. Seniors who are careful with their money may find Oxford to be an affordable place to live.
- Crime is ranked on a scale from zero (low) to 100 (high). Violent crime in Oxford is ranked 40.6, compared to the national average of 31.1. Property crime ranks 35.5 in comparison to the national average of 38.1. Violent crime is more of a concern for seniors in the area so added care should be taken when shopping or exploring the city alone.
- Seniors looking to escape the snow may find the climate in Oxford appealing. Winters are short and cold with lows around 32 degrees and summers are hot and humid with highs around 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oxford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Oxford start around $2,450 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oxford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oxford
In Oxford and the state of Georgia, seniors have two options for paying an assisted living facility. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) offers financial assistance to Medicaid-eligible adults over the age of 60 who require a level of personal care. Individuals over the age of 65 are eligible for the Georgia SOURCE Waiver program which covers different levels of nursing home care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oxford
Oxford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oxford, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oxford
Oxford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Oxford
Review of Merryvale Assisted Living
We visited Merryvale Assisted Living and its very good. The staff is very good. The dining area was very nice. They have a library and an area for veterans that has their pictures on the wall. Read more
Review of Merryvale Assisted Living
My mom has been at Merryvale Assisted Living for about a month and a half. It's awesome and the staff knows every patient's and visitor's name. It's a very good, beautiful, clean community with exc... Read more
Review of Safe Haven
Very nice and warm country environment. Food is personally prepared to meet each residents need. I would highly recommend this personal care home! Read more