15 Assisted Living Facilities near Covington, GA
Also serving communities of Social Circle.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Covington area, with 7 in Covington and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Covington is $2,019 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Snellville with an average starting cost of $1,962.
To help you with your search, browse the 67 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Covington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Covington 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Loganville with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Covington, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Covington, GA
8 Assisted Living Facilities near Covington, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Covington
The seat of Newton County, Covington, Ga., is located 35 miles east of Atlanta and is often called the “Hollywood of the South” due to appearances on television. It features eight assisted living facilities that are licensed by the Healthcare Facility Regulation (HFR), a branch of the Georgia Department of Health. There are a further 35 assisted living facilities nearby. These facilities provide seniors assistance with activities of daily living, including bathing and toileting.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Covington
- The city of Covington features a cost of living that is less than the national cost-of-living index. The national index is 100; Covington has a score of 91. This score is also less than the state cost-of-living index, which is 93.
- The city of Covington is home to world-class medical facilities, including Piedmont Newton Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- While many seniors enjoy Covington’s overall pleasant and sunny climate, some may find its hot and humid summers to be difficult. The average July high in Covington is 90 degrees. On the other hand, the city does experience mild winters; the average January low temperature is 31 degrees.
- The Newton County Senior Services, located in Covington, features programs and events for seniors that include fitness classes, sewing classes, computer classes, arts and crafts workshops and more.
- Currently, Covington does not have direct access to public transportation. For air travel, the city is served by the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, which is located 32 miles away.
- Seniors contemplating a move to Covington should note the city does have an average crime rate that exceeds both the state and national averages. The national average crime rate (per 100,000 people) is 2,837 and in the state is 3,402. The crime rate in Covington (per 100,000 people) is 6,436.
Paying for Assisted Living in Covington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Covington start around $2,019 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Covington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Covington
Eligible seniors in Covington have access to financial assistance in order to help pay for assisted living care. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (Source) are the two Medicaid waiver programs offered in Georgia. Moreover, Georgia also features an Independent Care Waiver Program (ICWP) that offers financial assistance to eligible seniors that may include care within an institutionalized setting like an assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Covington
Covington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Covington, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Covington
Covington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Covington, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Covington
Review of Benton House of Covington
Benton House of Covington was immaculate, clean, and smelled good. However, it's overly expensive. They don't have independent living. The staff was nice, and they have activities. Read more
Review of Benton House of Covington
My dad is at Benton House at Covington. It's very good, they have nice people, and its working out very well. Its not too far for him to go to the dining room to eat, he has a patio that looks on... Read more
Review of Palm Shade Villa
I recommend Palm Shade Villa to any family that is looking for a safe, and caring environment for their loved ones. The staff there are patient and knowledgeable in the care of individuals with alz... Read more