13 Assisted Living Facilities near Monroe, GA
Also serving communities of Bethlehem.
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Monroe area, with 5 in Monroe and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Monroe is $2,599 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Loganville with an average starting cost of $2,483.
To help you with your search, browse the 50 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Monroe. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Monroe 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Loganville with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Monroe, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Monroe, GA
8 Assisted Living Facilities near Monroe, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Monroe
Located in Walton County near the Alcovy River basin, Monroe Ga., has a population of 13,000 with 12 percent of residents ages 65 and over. Assisted living facilities in Monroe, Georgia, fall under the authority of the Georgia Department of Community Health. These activities include eating, bathing, toileting, dressing and grooming. There are five such facilities in Monroe with 12 more residing in neighboring communities with an average monthly cost that closely mirrors the state average.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Monroe
- The cost of living in Monroe is 15.1 percent lower than the national average. The majority of this difference is in local housing cost and would not benefit ALF residents. The costs of necessities such as groceries, health care and transportation are actually higher than the national mean.
- The climate in Monroe is comfortable but the weather is variable. Summer highs hover around the 90-degree mark and winter lows will just reach the freezing point. However, the humidity in the area can be extreme and severe thunderstorms in the spring and fall are common.
- Monroe does have a crime problem with violent crime and property crime rates being 48.7 and 68.8 respectively. These not only exceed the national averages they are worse than the numbers for Atlanta, the state's largest city.
- According to the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment, the air quality in Monroe is slightly lower than the national average and shouldn't prove a risk to any but the most sensitive seniors.
- For a small city, Monroe has to a lot to offer to seniors with an artistic flare. The Monroe Walton Center for the Arts offers weekly adult classes, open studios, creative workshops and free creative gatherings year-round. There is also the Monroe Art Guild, which offers arts and crafts classes, oversees local art museums and hosts art films and lectures throughout the year.
- The Monroe area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Piedmont Walton Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Monroe
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Monroe start around $2,599 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Monroe and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Monroe
There are two Medicaid waiver programs administered by the state to help seniors pay for assisted living facilities in Monroe: the Community Care Service Program (CCSP) and Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE). Both programs are subject to availability.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Monroe
Monroe and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Monroe, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Monroe
Monroe-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Monroe, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Monroe
Review of Hollander Senior Living of Monroe
My parents are in Hollander Senior Living of Monroe. Everything is great. They like this place better than they did the last one. They like the food. My father likes everything. They have a big Hal... Read more
Review of Hollander Senior Living of Monroe
Hollander Senior Living of Monroe is very nice and very country. It's not really fancy, but it was homey and comfortable. The person who showed us around was delightful, had a lot of energy, and wa... Read more
Review of Great Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care
Great Oaks takes great care of my mom. They're close to my house and not too big. They seem very professional, and everything is clean and bright. There is an activity every day. My mom participate... Read more