14 Assisted Living Facilities near Watkinsville, GA
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Watkinsville area, with 3 in Watkinsville and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Watkinsville is $3,995 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Monroe with an average starting cost of $2,899.
To help you with your search, browse the 60 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Watkinsville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Watkinsville 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Athens with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Watkinsville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Watkinsville, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Watkinsville
In 1799, Watkinsville was a frontier town located between Creek and Cherokee territories. Today, it's the seat of Oconee County and home to 2,832 people, 9% of whom are 65 and older. Some of these seniors may require assistance with the tasks of daily living.
To accommodate this demographic, there are two assisted living facilities located with the town and nine more in nearby cities, such as Athens and Bogart. In Watkinsville and throughout the state, these communities are known as Assisted Living Communities or Personal Care Homes, both of which are licensed by the Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Watkinsville
- Georgia is tax-friendly for seniors. Social Security income is exempt from state income tax, and up to $65,000 can be deducted from pensions, IRAs and 401(k)s.
- The cost of living is approximately 10% higher than in the rest of the state or country on average. This is driven by housing costs that are 36% over the national median but offset by lower healthcare. This could save some money for seniors with chronic conditions requiring constant supervision.
- According to the EPA's National Air Toxics measures, Watkinsville's air quality of 59 is on par with the national average of 58. This could help seniors with asthma and respiratory problems breathe more easily.
- Although the town's annual rainfall of 48 inches is 10 inches higher than the U.S. average, there's only one inch of snowfall in Watkinsville each year. This could be welcome news for seniors with mobility issues that make it difficult to get around in icy conditions.
- Watkinsville's violent crime rate is 9.0, less than half the national average, and its property crime is 29.5, nearly five points lower than the U.S. median. This may help seniors feel safe attending appointments in town. Still, it might be a good idea to ask what security protocols are in place to keep residents safe in each facility.
- Watkinsville has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Athens.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Watkinsville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Watkinsville start around $3,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Watkinsville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Watkinsville
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Watkinsville
Watkinsville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Watkinsville, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Watkinsville
Watkinsville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Watkinsville
Review of Magnolia Estates of Oconee
My daddy is so happy at Magnolia and very well cared for. Daddy always likes to dress nicely and they make sure he does. He loves the food and the people. I love that you are keeping him busy. Than... Read more
Review of St Gabriel of Athens
The rooms there are adequate, but the dorm sized refrigerator is on the floor so no elderly person can reach it. For “assisted living”, it is nothing more than coming in and giving meds. I also hav... Read more
Review of St Gabriel of Athens
We're fairly happy with Thrive at Athens. It is a new place, but they do a decent job. The staff is great. The food is good. However, they don't have a store or a commissary in the place. My mom sa... Read more