20 Assisted Living Facilities near Commerce, GA
Also serving communities of Maysville, Danielsville, Carnesville, Baldwin, Royston.
There are 20 Assisted Living Facilities in the Commerce area, with 2 in Commerce and 18 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Commerce is $2,800 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Oakwood with an average starting cost of $2,687.
To help you with your search, browse the 63 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Commerce. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Commerce 3.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Jefferson with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Commerce, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Commerce, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Commerce
Located about 30 minutes north of Athens, Commerce is a small town that’s known as one of the best places to live in Jackson County. The downtown area is home to the popular Tanger Outlet Mall for seniors who enjoy shopping for deals. There’s also the Sandy Creek and Deer Trail golf courses for those who enjoy the outdoors.
Seniors looking to retire in Commerce and who require assistance with daily living will find 17 assisted living homes in the area. Regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health, these facilities are normally referred to as assisted living communities. They provide room and board, meals, grooming, medication administration and other personal tasks.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Commerce
- Jackson County Transit makes it possible for seniors to explore the area and travel back and forth to medical appointments and other errands. Rides are offered Monday through Friday at reduced fares.
- The city of Commerce is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Northridge Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The state of Georgia doesn't tax Social Security retirement benefits, which may leave more money left at the end of the year to pay for assisted living in Commerce. The state also provides a deduction of $65,000 per person on all types of retirement income for those 64 and older.
- The overall rate of crime in Commerce is 23 percent higher than the national average. Seniors living in assisted living care in the area should ensure there are security measures in place to feel safe.
- When compared to the national cost of living index of 100, Commerce has a low rate at 84.2. This may make it easier for seniors to pay for daily living tasks.
- Seniors who have a hard time tolerating the extreme temperatures of the south may find it difficult being outside in the summer in Commerce. Average July highs are around 89 degrees. Winters are short and mild with average January lows around freezing.
Paying for Assisted Living in Commerce
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Commerce start around $2,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Commerce and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Commerce
Commerce and the state of Georgia have two Medicaid Waiver programs that help seniors in assisted living pay for services in personal care homes that house up to 24 people. The Community Care Service Program (CCSP) and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) were designed to ensure seniors with chronic health conditions get the care they need. While neither program pays for room and board, family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Commerce
Commerce and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Commerce, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Commerce
Commerce-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Commerce
Review of Brookside Commerce
At Brookdale Commerce, the staff was very friendly and outgoing. Any question I had was answered clearly and completely. They also showed me anything I asked to have shown to me. I thought the room... Read more
Review of Brookside Commerce
Brookdale seemed nice, and the rooms seemed spacious and clean. The bathroom was set up well. Bingo was going on when we went. The staff seemed caring and nice. Read more
Review of Brookside Commerce
My wife stayed at Brookdale for two-and-a-half months. The people that were don’t know how to take care of her. She fell. The experience was not too good. One of the staff haraased my wife all the ... Read more