3 Assisted Living Facilities near Wauchula, FL
Also serving communities of Zolfo Springs.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wauchula area, with 2 in Wauchula and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wauchula. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wauchula 2.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sebring with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wauchula, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Wauchula, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wauchula
The Peace River runs along the border of Wauchula and many locals feel that peace is what you find in the city. Seniors who are searching for a slow-paced retirement from big-city life may find Wauchula is the perfect option.
Wauchula has a relatively small senior population with just 11 percent of the city's 5,000 residents aged 65 and over. There are three assisted living facilities in the area that offer care to seniors in the city. Standard or Specialty license are available based on the type of care facilities provide. They are monitored by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wauchula
- Wauchula's overall cost of living is rated 85 on Sperling's index, which is 15 points lower than the national average. This is mainly due to the low cost of housing. Everyday expenses like groceries and healthcare costs are significantly higher than the U.S. average, which may mean seniors have less money to put towards their assisted living budget.
- The overall crime rate in Wauchula is 28 crimes per 1,000 residents, which is higher than 66 percent of Florida's other communities. When compared to communities of a similar size across America, this rate is also higher than average, which some seniors may find concerning.
- The Wauchula area is home to world-class medical facilities, including AdventHealth Wauchula, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Wauchula's mild winters may be appreciated by seniors wanting to move away from the cold weather. Low temperatures in January average 49 degrees and the city doesn't get any snow. The city also gets 249 sunny days each year, 44 more than the national average, which allows seniors to enjoy the sunshine.
- There is no state income tax in Florida, which means seniors have a lower tax bill whether they rely on income from retirement funds, pensions or Social Security. The average sales tax rate in the state is also close to the national average, helpings seniors who are on a fixed income.
- Some seniors may be eligible for Hardee County's door-to-door transport service for the transportation disadvantaged. This service is coordinated by MV Transportation.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wauchula
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Wauchula start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wauchula and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wauchula
Seniors in Wauchula who are in assisted living may be able to access financial assistance through the Assistive Care Services waiver or the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program. Additional funding may be available to seniors receiving Social Security benefits through the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wauchula
Wauchula and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wauchula, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wauchula
Wauchula-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wauchula
Review of Southern Oaks Retirement Center
This place was not only Filthy but unsafe. The bed that was given to my ex-husband was nothing more than an old spring with covering. I brought him an electric blanket and bedding and pillows. He ... Read more
Review of Southern Oaks Retirement Center
This facility was very nice , tidy, and up to date. The service was subpar. On several of my visits the staff had not been in to check on the patient, the patient was soiled, and had nothing to dri... Read more