82 Assisted Living Facilities near Waddell, AZ
There are 82 Assisted Living Facilities in the Waddell area, with 2 in Waddell and 80 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Waddell is $1,800 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 424 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Waddell. Better rated regions include Surprise with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waddell, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Waddell, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waddell
The city of Waddell began with the planting of a citrus tree during the Great Depression. Today, the city is largely considered to be a neighborhood of the city of Surprise, where seniors make up about one in five of the 134,000-person population.
There are 82 assisted living options for seniors seeking care in the Waddell region, including two facilities in Waddell proper. In this city, as in the rest of Arizona, assisted living facilities include adult foster care, assisted living homes and assisted living centers. All facilities are licensed by the Division of Public Health Licensing Services, Bureau of Residential Facilities Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waddell
Safety in Waddell is rated 53 out of 100, indicating that the city is safer than 53 percent of U.S. cities of all sizes. Compared to other Arizona cities, Waddell's crime rate is lower than 82 percent of cities of all sizes. When it's compared only to similarly sized communities across the country, Waddell's crime rate is notably lower than average. This may make the city a good option for seniors who enjoy being out and about alone.
- Waddell's air quality is very poor, which may affect the quality of life of seniors with respiratory illnesses like COPD and asthma. The American Lung Association gave Maricopa County, where Waddell is located, an F for both ozone pollution and short-term particle pollution.
- The Waddell area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Sun City West.
- While Waddell seniors do not pay state income tax on their Social Security benefits, all other types of retirement income are fully taxed. Additionally, Arizona's sales tax rate is fairly high. This may affect how much money can be put toward local assisted living expenses.
- The Waddell region experiences intensely hot summers with highs in the triple digits, which may be a consideration for seniors who are sensitive to heat. Winters are comfortable, however, with lows in the low-40s, and the area receives virtually no snow.
- The cost of living in the Waddell region is on par with the statewide average and about 10 percent higher than the national average. Seniors can expect to pay slightly more for healthcare and utilities here and slightly less for groceries than they would elsewhere in the nation.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waddell
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Waddell start around $1,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waddell and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waddell
There are three state-funded programs that can help low-income seniors in Waddell pay for assisted living, including Arizona Non-Medical, Home and Community Based Services, Supplemental Security Income and Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waddell
Waddell and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waddell, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waddell
Waddell-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.