Mariposa Point of Surprise

Reviews of Mariposa Point of Surprise

Assisted Living Reviews for Mariposa Point of Surprise

September 28, 2020

By hoarse

Don’t let the fancy building fool you. The management here is nonexistent. Call all you want, they won’t return your call. My mother missed out on her long term care payments because they don’t know how to fill out the monthly CMR forms. What do they care, it’s not their money? They obviously hire unqualified people for management positions, and as the others say, the food is terrible.

March 28, 2020

By Kathy

My mother is at Mariposa Point of Surprise. They're doing a good job. Considering what's going on with coronavirus, they have taken extra precautions. From what I've seen, I'm happy. It is going to be an adjustment for my mother as she went from a larger home to a shared assisted living. It is going as well as it can be. They have activities. They have outings, happy hour and entertainment, and daily bingo, but my mother is not interested in doing much of anything. They have a movie once a week. They have a room that they have closed off for special movies. They have plenty of options there. The food is good. Also the place is only 2 years old. It is very clean and it doesn't smell or feel like a nursing home.

February 14, 2019

By NellyNow

This location is central for access to shopping and medical facilities. Staff are friendly and seem to care about the residents . The kitchen management is abysmal. The food is terrible. I observed a “pork chop” that seemed to be more like a piece of spongy fake meat covered in gravy. The fees are high so am not sure why they can’t provide basic real food. The dining room is staffed with caregivers instead of food service staff and the kitchen is chef-less. It appears the practices in the kitchen and dining area are unsanitary. Tables are not washed completely between meals. Unused silverware is not changed after each meal. Maybe Surpass can get a handle on managing the kitchen and dining area so that residents are provided with basic healthy food which is what they are promised in the Holistic Approach in the sales materials. There was an outbreak of stomach flu and I wonder if it wasn’t food poisoning due to mishandling and unsanitary food practices. The rooms are spacious and the facility is generally clean and pleasant.

Thank you for your feedback, this is how we grow and get better. I can share with you we have just hired a new executive chef to replace the outgoing chef who was promoted. We utilized the universal caregiver model at Mariposa Point of Surprise. Our Caregivers care for our residents with a positive attitude and engulf our residents in love! They are with our residents 24 hours a day and care for all aspects of their day including meal time.

October 17, 2018

By anonone

This place is a disaster. The management is substandard, the food is a total disaster and declining by the day. The response time for residents that need help is longer and longer. The prices are extremely high for what you get. They nickel and dime you to death on everything. The care givers are all unhappy and looking for new jobs since their hours have been cut. Unhappy caregivers means unhappy residents. You have to get on the director daily to get what you've paid for. They are on director #7 in 16 months. They have cut many of the classes. Don't spend your money here. It's a losing proposition.

June 30, 2018

By Ken

My dad is in Mariposa Point of Surprise. We're very pleased with the staff and facilities. They're doing an excellent job. They get to know everybody in the facility and entertain them. Everything is top notch. My dad is in a one-bedroom apartment with a little kitchenette. There's no swimming pool but there's an exercise room and a small library.

December 04, 2017

By Bruce R

My tour of Mariposa Point of Surprise was really good. However, it's so brand new that they're still not full, so it's a little bit quieter and a little bit less bustling around. The food seemed good. It's only about a third full at that point, so there's plenty of availability and they're offering very attractive deals. In terms of the care level, I was more impressed with what they were offering than any other place. If you need a lot of care, they do the very best at providing it. They have a lot of licensing and they have a very strong commitment to providing care. They have a lot of ability to provide in-place medical care and nursing care and to meet your complete medical needs right on-site. They have a variety of rooms. The 2-bedrooms are a lot smaller, and they have some nice 1-bedrooms as well. It's just not quite the same large apartment feeling. It's a little more clinical, but they were fine and very nice. The pricing was very reasonable.

November 08, 2017

By Gustavus

I visited Mariposa Point of Surprise with my parents and it was great. Amy showed us around and really provided a candid and transparent view of the different options. This place is brand new and very nice. If it is in your price range I highly recommend it! And Amy is the best!

August 21, 2017

By Ernie

Mariposa Point is only three months old. It has 90 units, with a small population of 15 people right now. It has been comfortable enough for us so far, it's just that they don't have a lot of flexibility with the menu so we sometimes go and get outside meals. They provide activities like Bingo and have people come in to sing and a few other things. The staff is still in training, so it's one of the sore spotsm, because there are a lot of new people and turnovers right now.

August 21, 2017

By Joseph

Mariposa is brand new, very nice, but a little beyond our price point. There were only 11 residents when we were there. The room is beautiful, you bring your own furniture, and the whole place is gorgeous. The apartments do not have a washer and dryer, but the service is available.

Memory Care Reviews for Mariposa Point of Surprise

Questions about Mariposa Point of Surprise

What programs or activities does Mariposa Point of Surprise offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Every quarter, Surpass Senior Living communities bring together educators from local area schools and universities to present special versions of their best lectures. Residents have the opportunity to spend one hour a day for a week immersed in lectures and discussions led by great thinkers in a community that believes learning is a life-long process. At the end of the week, our residents receive a diploma for their participation. We hope you will attend the graduation ceremony!

What places are near Mariposa Point of Surprise or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

A public library, a pond for fishing, a dog park, city swim complex, Texas Rangers Ballpark

What transportation services does Mariposa Point of Surprise offer to assisted living residents?

We offer our residents trips to doctors appts, shopping trips and exciting excursions.

If Mariposa Point of Surprise accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we accept Dogs or Cats. We have two interior courtyards.

Costs for Mariposa Point of Surprise

• Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: Pending

• Get Costs

About Mariposa Point of Surprise

Welcome to Mariposa Point of Surprise where "Every Moment Treasured. Every Moment Yours."

Our team members don’t just address what may be going wrong: we take a closer look at EVERYTHING that makes our residents their complete selves. This includes understanding the things that are going RIGHT. We enhance the comfort and quality of life for seniors and their families through a holistic approach to wellness and support. Webster defines “holistic” as relating to complete systems rather than to individual parts. This is exactly what we stand for when caring for the whole person – we look at everything that makes them complete and put a plan together to support their wonderful completeness, rather than addressing one or two individual problems that are keeping them from being their best selves and only striving to improve those things.

We have created an environment that is recognized for individualized and personalized services, programming, and care. Spacious and well-designed residences provide all of our residents with both comfort and security.

Our Seven Dimensions of Wellness are: emotional, intellectual, spiritual, community connections, intergenerational, physical and social engagement. One example is we believe learning and education is a lifelong process and we provide courses, lectures and more for free to residents.

Map of Mariposa Point of Surprise