Older Drivers Solution Center
For many older drivers, giving up the car keys is a drastic and life-altering change -- limiting where they can live, whom they can visit, and what interests and activities they can pursue. Before making the decision, it's important to understand and consider all the options.
WHAT KIND OF HELP DO YOU NEED?
I Want to Help My Loved One Keep Driving Safely
I want to ease my loved one's transition to giving up driving
- Giving Up Driving: Easing the Transition
- Helping an Older Adult Stay on the Road -- and Preparing for the Day He Can't Drive
- How to Help Older Adults Cope When They Can No Longer Drive
- What's the best way to bring up the topic of unsafe driving to someone with Alzheimer's?
- A Caregiver's Guide to Transportation Services
I'm worried my loved one is an unsafe driver
- Quiz: Do You Know the Signs of an Unsafe Older Driver?
- Signs of Unsafe Driving in Someone With Dementia
- Top 5 Mistakes Families Make About Dementia and Driving
- 8 Ways to Assess Your Parent's Driving
- Driving Safety: Getting Professional Assessments
- Medical Risk Factors for Older Drivers
- Driving Safety: Using State DMVs
- Best Local Resources for Senior Driver Safety Information and Support
- Why is my elderly father having trouble driving at night?
- Should my dad be driving with mild dementia?
- Am I liable if my parent causes a car accident?
I need help getting my loved one to stop driving
- What to Do About a Dangerous Senior Driver
- Moderate-Stage Dementia and Still Driving? 4 Drastic Measures to Take Now
- Difficult Conversations: How to Approach Older Adults With Concerns About Their Driving
- Driving: Get Help for Older Adults by Using Authority Figures and Friends
- Taking Away the Car Keys: Last-Resort Tactics
- State-by-State Driving Laws for the Elderly
Why Older Driving Is a Charged Issue?
State-by-State Elderly Driving Laws
- Alzheimer's / Other Dementias
- Broken Hip / Falls
- COPD / Other Lung Ills
- Dental Care
- Drug and Alcohol Dependency
- Drugs / Medications
- Foot Care
- General Health
- Occupational, Physical, and Speech Therapy
- Pain Management
- Parkinson's Disease
- Sexuality & Relationships
- Urinary Tract Infections
End of Life
Ask Our Experts About Older Drivers Solution Center
The Dept of Motor Vehicles (at least in NY state) ... read more ->