State Driving Laws in Oregon
Specific rules for older drivers
- For those 50 and older, vision is tested every 8 years.
Standard driver's license renewal
- License renewed: Every 8 years.
- Renewal conditions: In person only, regardless of age. If out of state, a temporary license may be sent via mail.
- Vision test: Yes, every 8 years for those 50 and older.
- Written test: No.
- Road test: No. However, DMV may test if family members, friends, law enforcement, medical professionals, or social service providers have reported an unsafe driver.
For more information
Oregon Department of Transportation
Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division
1905 Lana Avenue NE
Salem, OR 97314
Stay Connected With Caring.com
Get news & tips via e-mail