Driving & Transportation
Many caregivers worry about their loved ones driving safely -- but it's not always easy to know what to do about it. Here you'll find insight and practical tips for staying on the road safely, knowing when it's time to stop driving, helping a loved one give up the keys, and finding alternative ways of getting around town.
Know When It's Time to Stop Driving
- 8 Ways to Assess Your Parent's Driving
- Four Signs of Unsafe Driving
- Driving Safety: Getting Professional Assessments
- How to Know When Someone Should Stop Driving
- Quiz: Do You Know the Signs of an Unsafe Older Driver?
- How Can I Be Sure My Mother, Who Lives on the Other Side of the Country, is Driving Safely?
- Is My Husband Responsible if His Parents Cause Injury or Death While Driving Impaired?
Get Help Staying Safely on the Road
- Keeping Older Drivers on the Road: Driving Refresher Courses
- Keeping Older Drivers on the Road: Limiting Driving
- How to Compensate for 3 Early Driving Problems Associated With Dementia
- Helping an Older Adult Stay on the Road -- and Preparing for the Day He Can't Drive
- Technological Advances Keep Seniors Safe on the Road
- Help for Elderly Drivers -- On and Off the Road
Help a Loved One Stop Driving
- How to Talk to Elderly Adults About Giving up the Keys
- Giving up Driving: Easing the Transition
- Why Giving up the Car Keys Is Such a Loaded Issue
- How to Have "The Talk" With Your Parents
- How Can I Persuade My Father to Stop Driving?
- How Can I Take Mom's Driver's License Away if She Has Cognitive Impairment?
Dementia and Driving
- Top 5 Mistakes Families Make About Dementia and Driving
- 5 Tips to Get a Dangerous Driver With Dementia off the Road
- What Are the Signs That a Person With Alzheimer's Should Stop Driving?
- Signs of Unsafe Driving in Someone With Dementia
- Why You Can't Leave It up to Your Loved One to Decide
- 3 Off-Road Warning Signs About Older Drivers With Memory Loss