Brookside Care Center

Reviews of Brookside Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Brookside Care Center

July 23, 2012

By Rickmon

My 84 year old mother was in a very bad car accident back in April 2012 and spent her first week in a local hospital. After that she was transfered to the Brookside Nursing home. I visited her almost every day while she was there for those 11 weeks so I have firsthand knowledge of how she was treated and how the facility was run. Brookside first of all is known in Kenosha as one of the best if not THE best nursing home in this area. It is very clean and the care takers and staff for the most part are A-1. They are very friendly, courteous and caring. There are lots of fun activities for the residents put on by the staff but due to the severity of my mother's injuries she was bed ridden the majority of the time except when she had therapy - so - she could not participate in any activities. As for the food, my mother had no complaints except for a few exceptions. Other than that, she said the food was pretty good and she was pleased overall. While my mother said Brookside was a great place in almost all respects, her main complaint was the time it took for a staff member to come to her room when she pressed the bedside call button for assistance. She said sometimes it would take 15 minutes or more, but many times they would be at her side within a few short minutes. So definitely they need more staff on hand from what my mother said and what I saw firsthand. Also, the grounds of Brookside is very scenic and they have a large cafeteria which overlooks a deep woods where there are deer, raccoons and other wild life. Also - I had a grandmother who stayed at Brookside from 1994 until 2000 when she died. My grandmother also liked Brookside very much and had very few complaints as I remember.

January 28, 2012

By Johnson11

Brookside Nursing Home: My grandmother was admitted to Brookside Nursing home in Kenosha after suffering a severe stroke. She has been in this facility since 2009. They have been very good to work with and deal with in this situation. All of the staff has been very welcoming and nice to my family as well as my grandmother. The surroundings of Brookside are nice, with lots of tree's and flowers. There are a few different wings of the facility, each specializing in different disabilities. The rooms are nice and a decent size for a nursing home facility. The meals are varied and are of decent quality. They have a lot of good group activities for the residents to participate in. There is always a group of people watching tv or partaking in a group activity. Brookside also has various outside activities for the residents to participate in. There are frequent trips to the casino as well as other outings.

About Brookside Care Center

Brookside Care Center is located in the thriving community of Kenosha, Wisconsin.  Home to just under 100,000 residents, Kenosha is situated on picturesque Lake Michigan. The fourth-largest city in Wisconsin, Kenosha is well known for its many museums and extensive shoreline.

Brookside Care Center is a skilled nursing facility named one of the nation's top nursing homes by leading national publications. It offers short-term rehabilitation and long-term care services. Registered nurses are on staff 24/7 to provide seniors care. Services provided include medication management, personal care assistance, and illness or injury recuperation.

Amenities offered by Brookside Care Center are designed to support the mental and physical well-being of its residents. A four-week menu cycle provides for both generalized and therapeutic diets, alongside delicious yet healthy snacks. A lively activities calendar offers seniors the ability to stay social, with many options designed to allow residents a chance to keep their minds sharp. The staff can arrange for visits to the barber, beauty shop, and medical appointments.

Map of Brookside Care Center