Sunrise of Mercer Island

Reviews of Sunrise of Mercer Island

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Mercer Island

March 22, 2012

By shopgirl07987

I toured the facility when looking for an Assisted Living Facility that had a good Memory Care center for my Grandmother, who had been recently diagnosed with Stage 1 Alzheimers. I enjoyed that the facility looks like a very large home, and that it is located very close to where I live. However, it felt a bit claustrophobic due to it's lack of size, and that it appeared that most residents were not engaged in anything beyond sitting. While I am confident that it is a great place for those who in Stage 2 or 3 of Alzheimers, it would have been too confining for someone with Stage 1 Alzheimers. However, the staff members I met were friendly and welcoming. The Director who took me on the tour, assured me that there would be a personalized activity calender for my Grandmother so that she would be engaged. The Director did not ask about my Grandmother's interests, though, and I had difficulty seeing how she would be engaged at this facility.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Mercer Island