Sunrise of Mercer Island

Reviews of Sunrise of Mercer Island

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Mercer Island

March 22, 2012

By shopgirl07987

I toured the facility when looking for an Assisted Living Facility that had a good Memory Care center for my Grandmother, who had been recently diagnosed with Stage 1 Alzheimers. I enjoyed that the facility looks like a very large home, and that it is located very close to where I live. However, it felt a bit claustrophobic due to it's lack of size, and that it appeared that most residents were not engaged in anything beyond sitting. While I am confident that it is a great place for those who in Stage 2 or 3 of Alzheimers, it would have been too confining for someone with Stage 1 Alzheimers. However, the staff members I met were friendly and welcoming. The Director who took me on the tour, assured me that there would be a personalized activity calender for my Grandmother so that she would be engaged. The Director did not ask about my Grandmother's interests, though, and I had difficulty seeing how she would be engaged at this facility.

Photos of Sunrise of Mercer Island

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Mercer Island

About Sunrise of Mercer Island

SunriseMercerIsland.com

Step into a Sunrise community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to insure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Mercer Island