Coliseum Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Coliseum Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Coliseum Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center

August 07, 2014

By LovePeople

My mother has been a resident of Coliseum Park since 2012. Before it was taking over by Virginia Health Services, the staff was awesome. Now, 99% of the staffing is new and NO ONE cares anymore. This place is awful. The nurses and the CNA act as if you are getting on their nerves. When they see you coming they disappear. All I ask for is to take care of my mother as well as all the other residence that are there because they cannot take care of themselves. No one wants to be in the position of depending on someone else to take of them but it has to be done. Sadly, the head nurse manager (Laverne) has the worst attitude of all. Complaints NEVER make it pass her desk. Instead she continues to cover for them. My main complaints are: (1)a patient that suffer with bed sores are not turned properly, (2) during feeding there is NO ONE available to take patients to the restroom, (3)CNA’s are rude when you ask them questions, (4) night shift is the laziest of all.

November 09, 2013

By Never Again even under new mgmt

My mother was in the rehab arm of Coliseum Park in Spring 2012. I had to fight with the nurse to call the doctor to prove that patients with renal disease should not be given the medicine which is their first protocol. I happened to walk up when the nurse was on the phone with the doctor. She was bashing me until I heard her pause & say "Oh.OK." Then when 3 nurses, the PT, and the OT stood by the side of her bed and could't arouse her, they said that "rest is a part of rehab." My mother was UNCONSCIOUS and in toxic shock! My brother had to insist that they call 911!

March 20, 2013

By Valerie Madison

I'm going to put my mother-in-law at the Coliseum Convalescent. They have activities like physical therapy, all of it combined. I don't have to pay a lot of money for every little thing. The patients are active because they have a program going on. The place is beautiful and clean. The staff showed me all around and was really nice. My mother can have a private room or semi-private room. She will have 3 meals a day. She could go eat or stay in her room and they will bring the food in. I sure would recommend this place to others.

July 28, 2011

By The road less traveled...

I have a friend who is a resident at Coliseum Park. The staff is efficient. They are cordial and make a special effort to provide a good living environment for clients.

Services and Amenities of Coliseum Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About Coliseum Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center

Coliseum Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Hampton, Virginia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Coliseum Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Coliseum Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center