Barton Creek Senior Living

Reviews of Barton Creek Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Barton Creek Senior Living

November 28, 2014

By Brent and Cris

Barton Creek was a really nice facility too. They were very personable. The building was beautiful. The people were very friendly. They served us lunch, and the food was very good. We were in a guest special dining room. The staff was very good. They were excellent. We thought they were great.

April 05, 2013

By kitchy

When I was a patient I have to say the staff was great. The rooms were nice and private and they were kept clean and beautiful. I have to say the food was less than I was told it would be. It was edible but not great. I felt the nursing staff was okay as well. However, the rehab staff was not especially a listening group. I suffered a rotator cuff injury because they insisted that I do rehab. I was 50% weight bearing because of soft bones after a hip replacement. I told them my shoulder was bothering me. They kept insisting that I do rehab which made the rotator cuff tear worse. They need to learn to listen to their patients. It could have been treated and I would not have lost some motion of the right arm had they listened to me. Otherwise, it was a nice place. One other problem I had was I am extremely large and the bed was less than satisfactory. They did try to get a better bed but we just never got there. They got a larger bed but it was like a cement pad. So I spent most of my time in the recliner trying to sleep. It was too narrow and with a hip replacement that wasn't great. That is just my situation though and the chairs are great for smaller/normal sized people and I'm sure the beds are okay as well but it wasn't ideal for me.

August 27, 2012

By Renae89

We are really pleased with Barton Creek. It is almost like staying a 5-star hotel. The food is delicious and they accomodate for grandmas diabetes and for the rest of the residents' special diets. It is a really nice facility with really nice people that work there. It is a retirement home but they have multiple levels of care so that if anything were to go wrong with grandma healthwise, she would have the accomodations she would need and would not have to be transported to another facility. They also have activites and different events going on every day. Our grandma enjoys playing Jeopardy with the other residents and is also able to be extremely involved in her church. They hold church services there for the residents every Sunday. They have an excellent and friendly staff who work there. They come and make her bed each morning and make sure everything is nice and tidy in her apartment. The apartment she lives in is really nice and bright with lots of big windows and plenty of space to make living there comfortable. Grandma was hesitant to leave her home but once she made the choice to live in Barton Creek she has been extrememly pleased with her decision.

May 18, 2012

By mamabear2

The staff and medical personel at this facility are very knowledgeable and kind. The rooms are clean. There is a nice outside area to go to when family and friends come to visit. When we were decided where to put my relative we visited a few other places and this one was the nicest. The staff is very attentive and my relative had a very good experience there. The food was good and there was a nice gathering area where the residents could get out of their rooms and eat together. The therapy room was well equipped and clean. It was nice that the residents have their own large rooms where family and friends can come and visit and have a place to sit. When you first enter the facility there is a nice area to sit and the receptionist is kind and very helpful. The people in charge are willing to answer any questions someone may have and are availible to talk to. I would highly recommend this facility.

June 23, 2011

By four

This facility has been absolutely wonderful. I had a good friend who was a resident at this facility. Sadly, she has since passed on. Her last months at this facility were difficult for her, for her family, for me, and probably for the staff as well. She was sick quite often and mostly off in her own world. Despite this, and the extra care she required, the staff were always there, loving her and helping her, and even mourning her after she passed. When the family came in, distressed and sad, the staff knew what to say and what to do. Usually they told little anecdotes about her that made the family laugh, usually having to do with her love for all animals. I think she wanted to adopt a stray cat at one point. Everybody in this facility has been wonderful to my friend and her family.

June 22, 2011

By anonymous44

Orchard Cove is primarily a rehabilitation assisted living center. Among the staff are therapists and nurses to help the residents heal and regain their quality of life. I know a former resident who was in a terrible car crash. She broke her hip, her femur in two places, and her wrist. It was a terrible situation and her advanced age made everything worse. After her initial time in the hospital, she was moved to Orchard Grove to heal and rest. The staff were extremely helpful. They seemed to know what the family was going through and were understanding and kind. They offered gentle advice on how to deal with such a situation, allowing visits and asking the family if they needed anything constantly. They were also gentle with the woman, especially in some of her darker times. This is a wonderful facility.

Questions about Barton Creek Senior Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Barton Creek Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of residents at Barton Creek Senior Living is 84 years old. Our residents enjoy a variety of programs such as Classical Music Concerts, Cooking Demonstrations, exercise classes, Themed Events, and Social Gatherings.

What programs or activities does Barton Creek Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

As a resident, you’ll have endless opportunities to join in activities and clubs to share with friends and neighbors. Shopping trips to local stores and boutiques, cooking classes, card games or afternoon matinees are just a few of our favorite ways to spend the day. Fitness and wellness are a natural part of life at Barton Creek, with fun and exciting classes and programs that help keep you active and feeling your best. But it's not just about physical wellness — Barton Creek has a holistic initiative that balances six key dimensions of wellness including purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual, and intellectual wellbeing, to help you live a lifestyle that promotes health, wholeness, and fulfillment

What places are near Barton Creek Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Within walking distance you will find Lakeview Hospital, Bountiful Internal Medicine. A 15 minute drive will get you to downtown Salt Lake City.

What transportation services does Barton Creek Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation to and from Doctor Appointments and shopping trips. Resident outings to concerts, musicals, museums and restaurants

What makes the chef or dining program at Barton Creek Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We take pride in our meals served daily here at Barton Creek — our professional chef provides delicious, well-balanced meals made fresh and with the finest ingredients. Customized meal plans or meeting any dietary requirements is no problem, and we're happy to accommodate special requests or occasions. Whether it's that first cup of coffee with a nutritious breakfast or a tasty treat after dinner, we strive to make each dining experience exceptional. Our restaurant-style dining rooms are the perfect place to gather with friends and family to share a meal, and our trained staff is delighted to serve you. Don't spend your afternoons worrying about grocery shopping, cooking, and dishes – you've done that for years. It's time to start enjoying the carefree lifestyle you deserve.

What safety features or security measures does Barton Creek Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Emergency response system (pendant) • Emergency pull cord in the bedroom and bathroom

How does Barton Creek Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Voice call • E-mail • Care Conferences • Support Groups • Family and Resident Events

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly Dementia in-services with leaders and third-party providers such as home health and hospice • Mandatory online computer training programs every month for staff to complete

Costs for Barton Creek Senior Living

Photos of Barton Creek Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Barton Creek Senior Living

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1000

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: ALII-UT207339

About Barton Creek Senior Living

Barton Creek Assisted Living has served as Davis County’s premier assisted living residence since 1999. We specialize in providing independent living with supportive assistance and round-the-clock nursing care. Services include meal preparation, medication management, incontinence assistance and much more. With 62 apartments we are large enough to provide a variety of activities including religious services yet small enough to provide intimate, personalized care for each of our residents.

Apartments are available in three basic floor plans; studios, suites, and one-bedrooms. Prices vary according to location, size and view.

Basic room rates include all of the following services:
  • Three delicious, home-cooked meals served restaurant-style per day.
  • Daily bed making and trash removal.
  • Weekly housekeeping, including linens service.
  • Comcast Cable channels 2 through 99.
  • Transportation services within the Bountiful area.
  • Social, recreational, educational and religious activities.
  • 24 hour emergency call response, plus on-call assistance.
  • Regular nursing assessments and medication reviews.

Barton Creek Senior Living is specialized in boutique style Senior living and exceptional customized care. Our campus creates an ambiance of comfort and dignity that both residents and visitors can enjoy. Our caregivers are the best in the business with clinical excellence matched by a natural inclination to nurture. We believe that genuine kindness makes the difference between a place you live and a place that is home.

Map of Barton Creek Senior Living