Bois D’Arc Assisted Living

Reviews of Bois D’Arc Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Bois D’Arc Assisted Living

February 18, 2020

By Dee Rodgers

Bois Darc Assisted Living Residence has been an absolute blessing to my family. My father has lived at Bois Darc over 2 years. The home environment is wonderful. He has his own apartment and is free to come and go as he pleases. The friendly family atmosphere is genuine. The employees keep him laughing representing both a caregiver and friendship attitude. Our family has peace of mind he is well cared for with just the right amount of monitoring needed. The facility is a beautiful maintained ranch style home, surrounded by big pecan trees. I personally recommend to my friends and clients when the time for change is needed for a loved one Bois D’Arc Assisted Living is a good transition in independent living. Sincerely, Dee Rodgers

October 01, 2019

By Jim

My mom is really happy at 1017 Bois D'Arc Assisted Residence. It's a clean place and everybody there seems happy. Everything is great and couldn't be any better. It's also a lot better than where she was at. They get to go places and shopping. It's just a smaller community and everybody seems to know everybody. They have several activities that my mom seems to be happy with. The staff is great and are really good people. The food is good quality.

June 18, 2019

By Darren Wood

We found Bois D Arc after my Mother was at an assisted living home in Kyle Tx for 2 years. I had visited 4 homes in Austin Tx before choosing the Kyle home. We decided to move Mom to Lockhart to be close to family. When I visited the home and interacted/ interviewed the staff I knew immediately this would be her new home. The home is a cozy wonderful loved filled place to live. Carol, Essie and Christine treat my Mom like a Queen. Johnny and the kitchen staff cook up some fantastic food and they always offered Mom some ice cream after dinner. You have to try Johnny’s home made apple pie (mmmmm) the best. All and all Bois D Arc is the best home anyone can find. It’s like a first class B&B. The staff cares for its residents with respect and dignity and goes above and beyond to make sure everyone is cared for and feels loved. I could never Thank all the staff and owners enough for providing such a wonderful environment for my Mom. I rate it a truly First Class Home and a top notch staff and would highly recommended it to anyone God Bless them for their care and concern of our loved ones.

July 29, 2016

By nataliad

This is by far the best community I have ever visited. Very kind workers. Lots of activities for the residents.

Questions about Bois D’Arc Assisted Living

What programs or activities does Bois D’Arc Assisted Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer senior exercise with a trainer twice a week. Residents are welcome to play games on their own, but we also schedule them. We have a weekly joy ride in the country most weeks. When the environment allows, we have shopping trips and other excursions such as movies or the theatre in and out of town. Staff also plan activities such as crafts, brain enrichment, etc. We strive to bring in musical entertainment as well as partner with schools to bring in children to entertain the residents. Of course, there is bingo every week with prizes provided by the facility. Every resident's birthday is celebrated individually.

What places are near Bois D’Arc Assisted Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The Lockhart Senior Center is a half block down the street. For those who would like to shop, we will schedule a trip to downtown to shop where they want.

What transportation services does Bois D’Arc Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

Local transportation in our limousine for Dr. Appointments, to the bank, shopping, outings, etc. Transportation is available outside of town for an additional fee.

What makes the chef or dining program at Bois D’Arc Assisted Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

All meals are homemade in an open kitchen. Since we are small we can pay special attention to personal food likes and dislikes. Three homecooked meals a day, breakfast is to resident's order. Meals are planned to be nutritionally balanced per industry requirements and are enhanced through community feedback. We cater to the individual when we are able.

What safety features or security measures does Bois D’Arc Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

We have 24 hour staffing and practice strict adherence to all State ALF Safety standards and requirements.

How does Bois D’Arc Assisted Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Since Bois D'Arc is a small intimate environment, we can be more hands-on and have close communication with family members. We have an open door policy and strive to make sure families are well informed about the loved one's condition and needs. There is a personal interest from the staff to make sure everyone is happy, safe and well.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Bois D’Arc Assisted Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

At least one staff member to sixteen residents when house is full at all times.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in-service training with a licensed registered nurse as well as training that is offered in the community.

What safety features or security measures does Bois D’Arc Assisted Living provide to protect residents who wander?

We are a Type A Assisted Living Residence and therefore cannot have residents that need a secured facility.

Costs for Bois D’Arc Assisted Living

Photos of Bois D’Arc Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of Bois D’Arc Assisted Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Two Room Suites

About Bois D’Arc Assisted Living

lockhartassistedliving.com

At Bois D’Arc Assisted Living, we want you to feel at home. Each of the 16 suites has a sitting room, bedroom, and walk-in closet. They also each have a spacious, private bathroom featuring large, walk-in showers with safety rails. Our suites are designed with the comfort of our residents in mind.

Residents may personally furnish their own 400 square foot suite. With treasured mementos and favorite furniture, a resident’s suite becomes “home”. Cable, wireless internet capability, housekeeping, and valet laundry is provided to each resident.

Two large social gathering areas, a smaller private sitting room, a spacious deck and front sitting porch all provide plenty of communal areas for socializing amongst residents and with visitors. A grand piano holds a prominent spot close to the front door. Often you will find an imaginative activity, exercise, music and other group enriching leisure activities in progress. Décor throughout the house is in keeping with the feel of the original home's architecture.

Delicious and nutritious meals are hand-prepared daily with the special dietary concerns of the residents in mind and served “family style” in the dining room. Our Town Car service is available for local doctor appointments and other necessities.

We work hard to keep each family fully informed of any changes or needs for the resident. Our covered Front Porch and a Private Back Deck are built around majestic Pecan shade trees, so our residents enjoy our shaded out door areas!

Map of Bois D’Arc Assisted Living