2 Assisted Living Facilities in Bastrop, TX
Also serving communities of La Grange, Schulenburg.
The average cost of assisted living in Bastrop is $3,100 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Lockhart with an average starting cost of $2,600.
To help you with your search, browse the 12 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bastrop. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bastrop 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bastrop, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bastrop
Located 30 miles Southeast of Austin, Bastrop is home to the Bastrop Advertiser and County News. This publication has the distinction of being the oldest continuously published a weekly newspaper in the State of Texas. In addition to this long literary history, the city has two assisted living facilities that offer room and board, help with personal care and 24 hour supervision. These facilities are licensed by the Texas Health and Human Services Department.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bastrop
- According to the EPA, the air quality in Bastrop is six points lower than the national average. It scores a 64 versus the country's mean of 58. This could be a concern for seniors with respiratory or allergy problems.
- Though summer highs can reach into the mid-90s, Bastrop's climate is enticing. It receives less rain than the national average and winter temperatures hover around the 40-degree-Fahrenheit mark. For active seniors who enjoy being outdoors, these are grand conditions.
- Bastrop has a property crime problem. Its property crime rate exceeds the state's average by 27.6 points and is almost double the national average. However, its violent crime rate of 28.6 is below both state and national medians. For security-conscious seniors, this could raise concerns.
- Bastrop's overall cost of living is three percentage points below the national average but seven points above the average for the state. However, grocery prices are well below both. For seniors with a limited budget, this could make a difference in their quality of life.
- The Bastrop area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. David's Emergency Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Bastrop offers several options for seniors needing public transportation services. The city is serviced by the Capital Area Rapid Transit system which runs regular routes through the city. It also offers curb-to-curb transportation services by appointment for seniors at half-price fares.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bastrop
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Bastrop start around $3,100 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bastrop and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bastrop
The State of Texas offers the STAR+PLUS Medicaid waiver program to help offset the expense of assisted living facilities. It doesn't pay for actual room and board but does cover other services provided to reduce out of pocket expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bastrop
Bastrop and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bastrop, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bastrop
Bastrop-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bastrop
Review of New Haven Assisted Living and Memory Care - Bastrop
New Haven Assisted Living and Memory Care was the best place I went to, but it was the most expensive, and it only had 16 beds. It was very nice, clean, very home-like, and the tour was very inform... Read more
Review of Argent Court Bastrop
Argent Court was very nice, it was larger than the other place I went to, but it was a bit older. The staff was very helpful, they had a big board for activities, we saw them brought out a group of... Read more
Review of Argent Court Bastrop
Argent Court was clean but too expensive. You dont pay for your food. I had a good impression of the staff. Theyre only on one level, and the rooms had a kitchenette. Read more