Courtyards at Lake Granbury

Reviews of Courtyards at Lake Granbury

Assisted Living Reviews for Courtyards at Lake Granbury

January 19, 2019

By kacy130

I deeply regret ever putting my mother in this place. I never received any paperwork on her care treatment plan even though I asked repeatedly. Communication is horrible. Her shower chair disappeared and was never found. How do you lose a shower chair!?! Found a prescription bottle in my mom's bathroom cabinet that did not belong to her nor are they allowed in residents' room. The director, Joanne, response when I spoke with her about it was "oh it's expired." I had home healthcare prior to putting her in this facility. I kept them for a couple of months for the transition. Even though Courtyards was being well compensated for the care of my mother they refused to work together thru the transition period with the home healthcare staff. I discussed this in a meeting with the director and it do absolutely no good. Empty promises. I wasted $350+ on cameras for my mom's room because she begin falling. I informed the director of this. Not once did anyone tell me their internet service is antiquated. Corporate was no help either. So cameras were never used. It's just a numbers game. Fill the rooms. Lynn, the marketing director paints a pretty picture. The low rating on the Staff is not for the nursing staff but the admin. I can't rate since I have no clue what kind of care she was getting. High turnover rate. They hire poor quality no skills people because they are so short staffed all the time. There were additional issues but these were the more serious issues I experienced. My next review will be on Hospice Plus which was recommended by Lynn. Another regret I have. Exercise due diligence. Research the company, not just a location.

Kacy130, it's upsetting to hear that you did not receive the top-notch service we strive to provide. We have taken your feedback and have implemented positive changes for both the residents and the staff. I hope you will give us another opportunity!

June 05, 2018

By Ms. Anonymous

Beautiful people, grounds, and life here! Food is great, staff is attentive, building is in working order. Couldn't be happier with the activities and the trips offered.

Ms. Anonymous, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations!

November 13, 2017

By Laura

The staff at Courtyards at Lake Granbury is fantastic. They bring me my medication and clean my apartment. They also make delightful dinners. They have an open area. This community is better than I expected.

Laura, we are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience! We are blessed you have chosen us and hope to always earn your five star rating!! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

April 19, 2017

By Brenda022588

I liked Courtyards at Lake Granbury. The director was very nice and tried to accommodate respite care. They had nice and updated, little studio apartments. It seemed to be a nice community. They had outings and brought people in to do presentations. They had an arts and crafts room and a courtyard.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

January 09, 2017

By Rhonda508818

Courtyards at Lake Granbury had an activity going on when we were there. Some people were singing to the residents as I recall. They have a library and a separate wing for memory care. The person who assisted me was very nice. In fact, she contacted me a couple of times after that in regards to my mom. She was trying to help in every way she could to get my mom placed there. They have a large dining room, and it's very nice. The staff was very friendly. I went into the memory care, and she showed me one room that was empty. It wasn't decorated or anything. The place was very clean. The residents were well taken care of.

Rhonda508818, we really appreciate your feedback!

December 07, 2016

By Pam147532

I found a place for my mother. She is in Courtyards at Lake Granbury. They are very nice and very helpful. It is very nice. The people that are here seem to be happy and friendly. It is just like a regular home. My mother has her own little apartment. We brought in furniture and everything, so it is like a little home. They have activities. They have people that come in and sing. They have church services. I actually have not eaten the food, but it smells and looks wonderful.

Hi Pam147532, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Courtyards at Lake Granbury. We're happy we could meet your expectations!

January 27, 2016

By Bob117687650

We went to Courtyards at Lake Granbury. That’s where we put my mom for a week. The room was great. Everything was great. The people were great except for the administrator. They did a little bait and switch on us. We went through the whole questionnaire to let them know what my mom can do and what she can’t do. We went through the whole thing, and they said that based on all that, she won’t need memory care. It wasn’t a huge deal, and we’re able to afford it, so we put her in there. After a week, I got called back. They said they couldn’t keep her and that she needed memory care. Everything that we had ticked off on the questionnaire was still the same, and she hadn’t deteriorated to the point where she needed memory care, but we had to pay $1,000 more. So, we had to get her out.

Bob117687650, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location. We have taken a moment to make some positive, long-lasting changes and we feel confident that another visit would be much different!

June 26, 2012

By A grateful family member

Both my dad and my mother-in-law are residents at Courtyards at Lake Granbury. It is never one's desire to leave their own home, but both of their lives have been enhanced by their experiences in this facility. Residents can go out once a week with other residents for lunch at a variety of restaurants. There are numerous activities they can become involved in. What I am most impressed with though is the attendants who go above and beyond in their care. They are kind & sensitive, and they go out of their way to connect with the residents. Even the administrative staff will step out of their roles to have one-on-one time with residents. The office manager, who has been working extra long hours lately, took time out of her day recently to take my dad, who has Parkinson's and is confined to a wheelchair, outside in the courtyards to spend some time outside his room in pleasant conversation. This facility is my loved ones' home and the staff has become like their family. That is invaluable.

We appreciate your positive review about your loved one's experience with us! We know you have a selection of communities to choose from and we feel blessed you chose us!

Memory Care Reviews for Courtyards at Lake Granbury

Questions about Courtyards at Lake Granbury

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Relias Training on a monthly basis

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Courtyards at Lake Granbury. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age is around 75 years old. They all love playing Bingo daily!!

What programs or activities does Courtyards at Lake Granbury offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Arm Chair Travel, Bingo, Memory games and crafts

What places are near Courtyards at Lake Granbury or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Wonderful downtown square, it is not within walking distance but we do have a bus that we can take the residents downtown. Lake Granbury is also close for picnicking and fishing

What transportation services does Courtyards at Lake Granbury offer to assisted living residents?

We have a bus and a car

What makes the chef or dining program at Courtyards at Lake Granbury exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Chef is amazing , she is very creative and strives to keep the food exciting ! We have a traditional Southern style menu, served restaurant style.

How does Courtyards at Lake Granbury keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The Executive Director sends out a monthly email with all things that are happening and are upcoming at the Courtyards.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Courtyards at Lake Granbury during daytime and nighttime hours?

Assisted Living - Daytime hours - 15 to 1/ Nighttime hours - 22 to 1 Memory Care is staffed to meet the needs of our residents

If Courtyards at Lake Granbury accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The Courtyards has two courtyards and grassy areas surrounding the community

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Relias Training on a monthly basis

What safety features or security measures does Courtyards at Lake Granbury provide to protect residents who wander?

The Courtyards has a Wander Guard System as well as a locked Memory Care

The Courtyards has an LVN on staff, the resident is assessed every six months or a change in condition.

How does Courtyards at Lake Granbury keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our on staff nurse communicates with the residents and families.

Photos of Courtyards at Lake Granbury

Payment options

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: None

About Courtyards at Lake Granbury

Make a splash at Courtyards at Lake Granbury, offering Assisted Living and Memory Care services in Granbury, Texas. Our residents enjoy a warm community where making new friends is the norm and receiving quality care from our experienced staff is expected. Each of our apartments presents the perfect mix between safety features and sought-after amenities such as satellite television, wireless Internet access and local phone service all included in the rent. Residents are warmhearted, interesting people who enjoy the freedom of Assisted Living - freedom from the worries and dangers of solitary living and cooking and cleaning - in surroundings that are kind and gracious - with the knowledge of knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed. When not relaxing in their rooms, residents can experience a variety of social events and entertainment options found in our inviting common areas. Grab a bite to eat or a filling snack from our restaurant or attend a weekly bingo game. Regularly scheduled outings keep our residents an active part of the greater community, which is filled with attractions, restaurants and shopping. A number of medical facilities also service the area and provide everything from routine care to emergency treatments. Our conveniently located community is also just moments from golf courses and the nearby Granbury Town Square, where locally owned boutique shops offer the perfect place to spend a sunny afternoon.

Map of Courtyards at Lake Granbury