Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

March 15, 2015

By tootsie3

HOrrible experience. Totally unskilled staff and too few of them. Lack of medical skill is scary and our patient ended up almost dying when we made them call 911. Patient has permanent damage because they gave wrong medication.

August 31, 2013

By disgustedfamily

When we first moved our mother there, we found it to be clean, bright and soon were overly impressed with the staff. The Administrator Tom was amazing, great philosophy and great rapor with his Director of Nurses Matt, and the entire staff! Well...that was then! Tom's father took ill and he transferred to an out of state facility to be near him...then Matt left...then our mother's nurses..Megan and Asleigh left...then many others followed. No longer was this a place where you felt the unity of it's employee's and management..it was quickly heading in a downward spiral of turmoil, disgruntled and many times incompetant staff. The management (or the lack there of) was inconsistant, and it showed in the revoloving door of CNA's, and nurse's. We never seemed to have the same nurse or aides for our mother, and once we thought there was a good one..they would be turning in there notice and going elsewhere. I do not have enough space here to list the plethora of neglectful and incompetent treatment my mother, as well as many other residents recieved. I went numerous times to those in charge (even Corporate) and expressed my concerns as to the care and well being of our mother. I was given basically what ended up being "lip service" ...in regards to things getting better. I was more than understanding about transition..and gave them the benefit of the doubt numerous times...but to my regret, I should have followed my gut and moved our mother to another facility. She is bedfast, cannot move at all on her own, yet they claim she fell out of bed. The CNA picked her up and put her back in bed, and passed it off as a minor skin tear on her head and elbow. Our mother is very frail and brittle boned, and also takes Cumiden ( a blood thinner). A "supposed fall" as they claim should have warranted an immediete 911 call, NOT moving her back into bed without stabilizing her neck or back. It was not until the nurse coming on duty later that night determined she should call and report the "fall" to the facility Dr/Nurse practitioner. THEN they decided to call the EMS and have her transported to an ER to be checked. It was then discovered that our mother had suffered a fractured C1 and C2 of her spine...of course at her age, and due to her degenerative bones, surgery is not an option...so now she is to be in a cervical neck collar for most likely the remainder of her days...that is IF she even recovers from the trauma. She, along with anyone else whom I know or love will NEVER step foot in this once amazing facility...and if I could shout it from the rooftops...no one else, nor their loved ones would either!! There are NO excuses for neglect,.... understaffing, inproperly trained staff, poor management, all lead to this ...bottom line...the RESIDENTS , many whom are alone and disabled and cannot speak for themselves...THIS is who suffers...and it's just NOT RIGHT!!! I hope those who read this review and who might have consider this facility,...will think again! It may look like a rose, smell like a rose...but it's most definiteley NOT! If your loved one is by chance there...search and find another place to move them...or else be there every minute you can, ask questions and demand answers and change! I only wish I had of listened to my gut, or seen a review like this first..it may be too late for our mother now.

September 19, 2011

By cross29

My grandfather stayed at this assisted living for about 6 months. The nurses, doctors, and case workers were great. They were very friendly and informative of my grandfather's progress. They had a physical therapy room where he could go every day and work on rehabilitation. They also had an arts and crafts room where various art projects were constantly being offered. The only thing that we did not like about it was that there was 2 beds to a room. My grandfather does not like the tv or radio on, so it was hard to have a roommate. Everything else was great. The facility is fairly new and modern. Every room had a television in it and most have windows with a nice view of the landscape. The cafeteria serves great food and has many options. I would highly recommend this facility. My grandfather still goes back and visits the staff because he grew very close to some of them.

About Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Fort Worth, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center