The Madison on Marsh

Reviews of The Madison on Marsh

Nursing Home Reviews for The Madison on Marsh

March 05, 2017

By Woodrow Call

Three months ago my mother was admitted to Madison on Marsh following abdominal surgery. High praises for all involved with my mom's care. Rehab was fantastic. At first our family thought it would be good idea to hire a sitter. But after seeing that all her needs were being met, the worries of her feeling alone and scared quickly subsided. Pain management, quick response time by all nursing staff for just about everything was what my mom recieved. I do not base my decisions from reviews on any website. Anyone can write a review, whether positive or negative. I can't judge a restaurant, vehicle, lawn mowing service, daycare much less a hospital unless I see them in action. With great professionalism via care, respect, dignity and hearts of gold, Madison on Marsh provided the care my mother needed. Thank you so much MoM.

July 13, 2016

By Vanessa Grierson

My grandfather was recently at the Madison on Marsh. He was in the need of rehab after surgery. I was reading the reviews and I went through the same experience when it comes to the medication. I was with him when he admitted, he was in pain and his medications were not in the facility yet. The nurse pointed out a "patient expectation" sheet on his nightstand explaining the whole transfer/admission process, it explains that legally the facility can't order the medications until patient is actually admitted. After that, nurse went to an emergency box, and got a pain pill for him while his medications were ordered and delivered. After his pain was controlled his stayed was more pleasurable one. other than him not liking a few items from the menu. I was able to bring him food every other day and that made him happy. call lights were answered on time, response time got a little slower over the weekend, but wasn't bad. Overall, he was there for rehab, they got him back to his feet. and I thank them for that!

May 17, 2016

By Lola424

My parent went to the Madison on Marsh for therapy after surgery and what a nightmare! The Staff is completely inept to giving anyone care. They left my parent in their soiled clothes for more than 8 hours and never once admitted that they knew anything was wrong. THIS IS THE WORST PLACE YOU COULD PUT YOUR LOVED ONE IN!!!!!!!!! I WOULD RATHER DIE THAN STAY AT THIS FACILITY. THE HEALTHBOARD IS CONSTANTLY VISITING THEM WITH REPORTS FROM RESIDENCES AND THEIR FAMILIES. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!

January 28, 2016

By Kathryn18

My father went to Madison on Marsh to recuperate on a broken ankle, and they tried to let him walk on that broken ankle even if he’s not ready yet. They locked him and won’t allow him to go outside at all.

October 06, 2015

By Akinsh

My mom was at the center for about a month for rehab. Although the facility looks nice, do you care my mother received was horrific! Like many of the residents there she was unable to walk in care for her own bathroom needs and was left in soiled clothes and diapers on a regular basis for the entire day. It seems that you have to act like a fool and scream over and over to get one too right now that it seems that you have to act like a fool and scream over and over to get anyone to acknowledge your needs. The aids are extremely rough while changing and caring for the patients. Her clothes was lost numerous times. She was discharged with huge sores between her legs from the soiled wet clothes she constantly sat in. Her pic line was nearly ripped out of her arm by an inexperienced nurse. While I'm sure there are a few caretakers there who have a heart to be there and I'm here for the right reasons and many are not! My mother will definitely not be back!

April 07, 2015

By Mother's Son

Not impressed !! My mother stayed at this place for a short while after a hospital stay. She was in need of a place to do physical therapy/rehabilitation. The Madison was convenient geographically and most importantly "in network" for her insurance provider. They advertise physical therapy, and do some, but their focus is obviously on long term care not on rehabilitation for patients intending to return home. After my mother staying there for a little over a week it was obvious her condition was declining rather than improving so we had her readmitted to the hospital for further care. My impression of The Madison is that they are short staffed, and although many staff members are working hard at providing an adequate level of care, many others are not. My mother was repeatedly told to wait when she needed assistance to get into the restroom, and left unattended for extended periods in a dirty diaper, bed sores were untreated, and so on. I have no prior experience with this type of facility, so I cannot comment on how the level of care compares to others, but I am not impressed with The Madison on Marsh, and my mother will NOT be back !!

February 02, 2015

By dachshund

i had fallen and fractured my shoulder and a compression fracture in my back of course the pain was incredible but as i was getting the meds i needed i was able to be somewhat more comfortable. the hospital called Madison and told them i was coming and what meds i would need. taken by ambulance and when i arrived there were no meds to help me and no doctor for a prescription. the pain was so bad, my family decided i should go back to the hospital. they called an ambulance service and i went back to the hospital where my pain was brought under control.. the hospital couldn't keep me so it was another ambulance and back to Madison. later the next day i started receiving the meds. things went well when they finally started scheduling my meds. i was moved to 4 different rooms during my stay. finally got settled. some of the staff are real caregivers. some not. they do try and make patients comfortable. the rehab facilities are very good and the technicians were great. i wish the beginning wasn't so utterly disruptive considering the pain that i was in and the multiple ambulance rides. (of course i had to pay for them)

May 22, 2013

By Caring 7507

My stepfather was in The Madison on Marsh because he was sick and they offered 24/7 care. They offered everything and it was a really nice place. I was satisfied with the care and service they have given.

July 27, 2011

By pamlang

I go to this facility twice a week and play games with 5 or 6 of the residence I really enjoy them and they me. the facility is always very nice and accommodating to me.

March 14, 2009

By Jack-1

Other concerned individual

The building is beautiful, but I became concerned when i was told to look at past inspections: Specifically QRS scores that the state posts. I looked at the cantex website, which took me to the Madison scores which were horrible. They received two Level 4 citations, which i bleieve are the worst ratings a building could get.

Services and Amenities of The Madison on Marsh

• Spanish

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About The Madison on Marsh

The Madison on Marsh is a senior living provider in Carrollton, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Madison on Marsh for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Madison on Marsh