Dow Rummel Village

Dow Rummel Village (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Dow Rummel Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Dow Rummel Village

November 28, 2012

Dow Rummel was a comfortable place and felt like home. Several years ago my mother wanted to move back here to South Dakota and I was looking for a place and I found Dow Rummel. However, she wanted to stay in California where it's warmer. Later on, my sister in-law lived here and she was kind of an influence to have us move here also. I've been in 4 different locations due to health and life issues. I have experienced different areas in this complex. I have enjoyed their company, their care and their concern of my well being. I am happy to be here. I am currently living in an apartment here in Dow Rummel. I had it downsized a little because I needed to be in an assisted living. We started with 2 bedrooms because my husband was still living at that time. When he passed away, I didn't need it anymore so I moved to a one bedroom apartment with a den. From there I moved into assisted living where I get more care than I had in independent living. It's kind of a big room with a bedroom and a bathroom. It has a kitchen and a living room combined. It's a sufficient room for me. The food here is good. They serve good servings and a variety of dishes. The staff are very kind and caring. They feel like family and we feel like a family to them. That's the kind of atmosphere that we have here.

November 27, 2012

By Renae1

I read about Dow Rummel on a paper and they were having an open house so I just drove out and visited the facility. My husband was with me and I wanted to look at some of the apartments. He said he doesn't think he wants an apartment. The personnel who gave us the tour said they have a cottage so we went to see it and he just loved it right away. So that's where we lived for a while which is still part of Dow Rummel. When he passed away everyone wanted me to come out of the cottage and have an apartment so I won't be isolated. So then I came up here and took an apartment and I've been here ever since. It has been 8 years now so It's been a really nice experience. During my stay here, I've had 2 different apartments. At first, I had the 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment and I have some friends and relatives come over which was nice. After a couple of years, I really didn't need all that room. I happened to be hospitalized and while I was there my kids found this apartment where I am in right now. It's small but it's very homey looking. It looks out for you to see the front gate and I see the people moving about outside which I really like. I wanted the apartment to be painted in yellow and they did. It's very homey. I'm not a very picky eater. I have told them that I only like to have small portions and they have followed my request. I'm very satisfied. The staff are perfectly wonderful. They are so nice and so caring. I'm 90 years old now and I just feel right at home here. People are so nice. I couldn't be happier.

April 25, 2012

By Grateful Nephew

My aunt lived at Dow Rummel for some time and I can't thank the staff enough. I'm at a loss of words to really share my feelings about Dow Rummel's role in caring for and supporting my aunt.

April 16, 2012

By Extra time

This is such a great place. Mom loved it so much here at Dow Rummel. The wonderful care she received added years to her life and we really appreciated the extra time we had with her!

April 04, 2012

By runner527

I visited Dow Rummel with my grandma as she was looking into assisted living facilities. The outside appearance of the facility was excellent. The interior area were very well-designed and well-lit. The thing I noticed the most was how friendly the staff was. Almost every one we saw on our tour greeted us and smiled. They all seemed happy to be at work, unlike the staff at other places we had seen. This facility offers their residents pretty much everything they need on-site. They don't have too much of a need to have to venture out shopping on their own it looks like. The food the residents were eating looked and smelled good. I had an overall very positive impression of this place. From the schedule we saw and through talking to residents, it sounds like they offer the residents a wide range of activities and opportunities. I think that is awesome. The only factor that held my grandma back from living here was the monthly cost. It was just more than she was able to afford.

Memory Care Reviews for Dow Rummel Village

• Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Occupational Therapy

About Dow Rummel Village

Dow Rummel Village provides an active multidimensional lifestyle where choices are offered so you can design a lifestyle to fit your wants and needs. Our philosophy for nearly 50 years as been to offer a variety of services and amenities for our residents. Our community includes a Main Street with a beauty salon/barber shop, Gift Shop, Bank, Library, Recreation Center/Game Room, Deli, Restaurant, Computer Room, Wellness Center with staff on site for training and teaching classes, Lap Pool, Therapy Pool, Meeting/Class Rooms for hosting meetings or attending classes, and a Clinic.

Our Nursing Home provides care for those residents needing assistance with routine licensed nursing care or short term rehab. Our Memory Care Center is a "home" within our community where the residents and staff become a family; sharing meals together and enjoying their day to day activities as a small group.

Our services include:

• Supportive services tailored to individual needs including skilled nursing care
  • Daily Medication Management
  • 24 Hour Professional Nurse
  • Three meals and snacks each day
  • Nutrition - licensed dietician
  • Dignity and freedom of independence
  • Therapy Services - Physical, Occupational, and Speech
  • Restorative nursing program
  • Activities and events
  • Exercise classes and Wellness Center with pool
  • Chapel with spiritual programs and services
  • Transportation
  • Housekeeping and Maintenance
  • Laundry/Linens

Reimbursement

Private Pay, LTCI, Medicaid/Medical

Community Features

TV Room, Beauty Parlor, Laundry Facilities, Guest Rooms, Clubhouse, Housecleaning, Computer Room, Pharmacy, Parking, Fitness Center, Swimming Poo,l Billiards, Hobby Area/Workshop, Greenhouse/Garden, Guest Speakers, Travel, Volunteer Programs

Map of Dow Rummel Village