Still Hopes

Reviews of Still Hopes

Independent Living Reviews for Still Hopes

July 13, 2012

By Catherine4

Still Hopes is a wonderful place to live for certain residents but certainly not for all. I staff here is absolutely amazing. They are caring and well trained, and it is obvious that they are required to hold a very high level professionalism. There are numerous activities planned for residents throughout the year and special events and side trips are always being offered. The facility itself is state of the art and beautiful. One would think that this would be a place that any elderly person could benefit from but for my parents it has been less than ideal. Despite having many activities available, the overall feel of the place is very isolating. For instance, my parents had the idea that since the seniors living here were required to be in good health, that there would be a much more social atmosphere. In the 10 months they have been here, they have only seen the inside of one other residents home. The residents tend to remain in their personal apartments and not interact socially. At meals there are often groups sitting together but at the end of the meal they return to their own space not to emerge again until the next meal. The set up of the apartments is one of long hallways with apartment doors opening onto the hallway. It has the distinct feel of a hotel which scarcely mimics a home atmosphere. The cost of staying here is very high but the services they provide are excellent. If only the residential units could be on a more open plan which would foster more social interaction, the the place would certainly be my first choice to stay in my later years. As it is now, I find the hallways dismal and the seclusion disheartening, and I know that my parents have the same feeling.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Still Hopes

November 22, 2015

By Tom116589950

My wife is at Still Hopes Episcopal Retirement. They’re superb. It’s great. They have a physical rehabilitation unit for exercise. They do all kinds of things, like have people that play piano, clarinet, and saxophone and entertainment come in. This afternoon, they have a violin recital and next week, a piano recital. They seem to be well connected with the musical portion of Columbia, SC. Last week, they had a rummage sale. They have 24/7 nurses and doctors visit. The doctors are scheduled once a week or, if necessary, they come over any day. They have an ambulance service that takes residents to the hospitals if something terrible happens.

October 17, 2014

By Caring100420650

I’m an Episcopalian so I’d heard a lot about Still Hopes Episcopal Retirement Community through the years. I’ve had friends whose parents were there, and it has an excellent rating. They have apartments, assisted living, and then long term. They have all the facilities you would want. I did see a room in assisted living; it was adequate. It’s very nice, very well appointed, and it’s attractively decorated. The residents that I know who live there are very happy with it. They are active and go out into the community still.

July 08, 2012

By Donna5

This facility offers wonderful care for the dementia patients. They are treated with love and respect. It has a wonderful home environment with patients having access to a kitchen, exercise equipment and doors are open for them to go outside to a beautiful courtyard. They have many activities scheduled for those who want to participate. Trips are taken often to events such as concerts and other community events. Sometimes it may just be a ride out to get ice cream and to ride around town. Even though my relative has now passed away I enjoy going back to see all the precious residents and staff that I got to know so well.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (7) See fewer reviews

About Still Hopes

Refund Plans: 90% of Entrance Fee; 50% (Price 74% of Entrance Fee). Assisted Living and Nursing Care on Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of Still Hopes