NHC HealthCare, Parklane

Reviews of NHC HealthCare, Parklane

Assisted Living Reviews for NHC HealthCare, Parklane

December 18, 2017

By Jeff

I've been to The Palmettos of Parklane (NHC Healthcare). It was very spacious and had a very nice dining room and big activity room. The lady who toured me there was very nice and hospitable. Their rooms were more than adequate. It was a very nice facility. They had a calendar of all the different activities they had at different times.

March 24, 2017

By shaddscipio1234

This place is really bad and sad. i can see the caregivers or workers not doing they are supposed to be doing. the food is terrible. people act like they dont care about there jobs. when dhec comes in thats when people start doing there work. they dont have enough help so it takes a long time to get help.. i seen some people/ residents taking wrong medicine smh. they dont care about people at all smh. and sean is no good either he needs to leave the cook does.

March 01, 2017

By Carring999478749

The food was terrible. The cleaness of the place was allright. I can always here the chef yelling at his employees. evertime i come in there, there is always new people working in there. Kim is no help she says one thing but does the oppsosite i would not recommend this place to nobody.

February 07, 2017

By Jonny320071

Everything at NHC Healthcare was nice. We liked the facility. The rooms were of decent size, and the cafeteria was nice. We went and talked to the financial person, and the lady gave us a tour of the place. They seemed to know what they were doing. The dining area was nice. They had outside garden, and they had a couple of sun rooms. Activity wise, they had certain activities inside.

June 13, 2015

Palmetto’s was excellent. The sanitation and the food were fine. It also fits my budget. They had exercise and social trips. But I think they need to give some feedback to the family in a 24hr period and not several days for us to know our status there.

October 28, 2014

By Caring96719350

Mom moved to The Palmettos two months, and I’m very pleased with it. The surroundings are very nice. She had a private room with a nice bath. She is well taken care of. The food seems to be reasonable, and they have really nice people working there. The activities were nice. She played Bingo and did exercise.

August 27, 2012

By soccermom6

I took a tour of this facility last year when we were looking for a facility for my grandmother. Overall, I have a positive review of the facility. The facility was very clean. My impression of the staff was positive. The staff seemed friendly and helpful. The rooms were made to accommodate two patients per room. The room was cozy and had a window. The dining area was a nice size. Something that I thought was cool was the physical therapy room. I thought it was nice that the patients could do their physical therapy on site. The grounds of the facility are very clean and well kept. They have a courtyard area that is very pretty and quiet. It looks like a great place to go and relax. Out of all of the facilities we toured, I thought this was one of the best. The price was somewhat reasonable.

April 02, 2012

By jaksocialworker

I have been coming to NHC for over 2 years to visit the "Mother" of our church. I visit at different times on different days, therefore I can speak with conviction that this facility truly practices what their mission statement says. I am also a MSW and am aquainted with sub-standard facilities. NHC's rooms are spacious and sunny. The residents are clean and well cared for and there are numerous activities and church services throughout the week. There is an atrium with beautiful flowers and a waterfall and trees which are enclosed within the structure of the building. The staff are professional and sensitive to the needs of the residents and cooperative in keeping the family abreast of any changes in the resident's behavior and healthcare.

Nursing Home Reviews for NHC HealthCare, Parklane

December 16, 2013

My mom was in NHC Parklane for a rehab for a little over a month. This facility was a lot like a hospital. She was in a room that was spacious but it was just like one big open room where you have the bed and then the sofa. Food was just one meal cooked out for everybody. It wasn't anything like where she eats now at the ILF. Regarding staff, from 1 to 5, I would say they're maybe a 3. All the attendants and nurses were very nice; however, we had some issues with them with getting the right medication for my mom while she was there. The medication they gave her was upsetting her stomach that she was having a diarrhea a lot and it took quite awhile to get her regulated. We really had a bad time with them especially when we're all out of state. They weren't responsive to us and they didn't return phone calls, which is very hard to take when you're so far away. Their staff liked her and they were nice enough, but it was very frustrating to deal with them from afar. Also when we were looking for a place for my mom, we asked them for a copy of her records so that we can evaluate her. We asked and asked but they never sent them. It just wasn't good.

November 22, 2013

I don't have any complains with NHC Healthcare, I'm very satisfied with them. My dad is doing wonderfully, he's adjusting very well with the place. The place is clean. There is also consistent and top-notch care.

April 26, 2013

By caring9754

NHC Healthcare is an excellent facility. All the staff that I have met had been very helpful, very nice, friendly, and professional. The environment is very clean, very well presented, and very homelike. We're very pleased. My aunt is in the smallest room that they have, but it's roomy enough that she even got to have extra furniture brought in. She has a very nice full-bath with handicapped shower. The family is treated very well. She's trying to adjust. The last time I called her was Easter, and it was the first time she didn't mention having to go home. So I was very pleased with it.

May 31, 2012

By thekilierdonut

I have been in and out of many different assisted living and nursing home facilities over the years, and NHC does about the best job of any that I have seen, regardless of location. NHC Parklane in particular does a stellar job, on both the medical side and with good "bedside manner." The staff is always friendly and they go out of their way to be kind to both patients, family, and outside medical staff (EMTs, doctors, etc.) Their patients always seem to be well treated and happy, and are encouraged to participate in group events. The facility is clean and the food always looks tasty. The dining room is very fancy for a nursing home. The individual rooms are spacious and comfortable, and there are never more than two patients to a room - many single rooms are available as well. I would have no trouble allowing one of my own family members to not only stay at this facility, but any NHC facility in the southeastern United States.

September 21, 2011

By Paris1

When I looked at the overall rating on this nursing home, I found that it had 5 stars and the facility is 95% full. Glad they have that information visible, didnt have to ask for it. They even had their fire surveys and health survey up for view. That means great safety and clean bill of health. I liked it here. Very peaceful place.

Services and Amenities of NHC HealthCare, Parklane

About NHC HealthCare, Parklane

NHC HealthCare, Parklane is a senior living provider in Columbia, South Carolina that offers residents Assisted Living, Assisted Living, and Nursing Homes. Contact NHC HealthCare, Parklane for more details on services and rates.

Map of NHC HealthCare, Parklane