Life Care Center of Columbia Columbia, SC

Reviews of Life Care Center of Columbia

Nursing Home Reviews for Life Care Center of Columbia

October 27, 2015

By Mary115624050

I had a couple of elderly friends that were in Life Care Center Columbia. We went out there once a week for five years with my friend and seemed to be well taken care of. They did have activities and a social worker that did that, but neither of my friends participated in it. They had two people in one room. We went out there for the Thanksgiving dinner that they had, and the food was good. The place is clean. We got to know some of the people there, like the aides, the nurses, and they seemed to be doing a very good job.

July 29, 2014

My mother went to Life Care Center of Columbia for about two weeks or so, and that was only because she was in between doctors, so I could not take her home right away because you have to have an established physician. Her stay there wasn't very good. At least, at that point, she was already off the feeding tube, so she could eat. They wouldn't let her do anything except fall. She fell twice from trying to get out of her chair, stuff like that, and they wouldn't watch her. They just turn around and there she goes. There was one nurse who was completely useless. The only thing about that place, which was strange to us, was they had some really nice carpeted rooms right there near the front when you walk in, and they were all empty. So, I thought it was kind of cool and we could get a good room, but they don't do that. They put her all the way in the back in a non-carpeted, nothing special room. And then, they kept telling me that they keep those open for some special occasion or something, but I don't know what that would be and they wouldn't elaborate. I had a feeling that maybe those were only for show.

June 15, 2012

By thekilierdonut

Life Care Center has a decent reputation and is one of the larger nursing homes in Columbia. I have been regularly transporting patients to and from there for many years. As far as the building itself goes, I would rate it a 4/5 - the only thing that keeps it from a 5 is that it feels slightly more like a hospital than a place for people to live. The staff is very caring and friendly, and they provide lots of activities for their patients. Amenities include a large dining hall, a library, a barber shop/beauty shop, and even an Ice Cream Parlor (My personal favorite). The staff in the Alzheimer's/Dementia wing of Life Care is of particular note. They have always been very kind and compassionate towards any patient I've ever brought into their ward. While Life Care is certainly not the absolute best facility in Columbia, it is far from the worst and I would recommend it.

September 21, 2011

By Paris1

Life Care seems to have an intense desire to help your loved ones recuperate from an unexpected wreck, sugery, illness, etc .They even offer private services such as running errands, shopping and a little housekeeping as well. Great atmosphere. They're so serious that they have over 200 centers in 28 different states, EVEN HAWAII....Whoa!

Services and Amenities of Life Care Center of Columbia

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Life Care Center of Columbia

Life Care Center of Columbia is a senior living provider in Columbia, South Carolina that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Life Care Center of Columbia for more details on services and rates.

Map of Life Care Center of Columbia