Asbury Heights

Reviews of Asbury Heights

Assisted Living Reviews for Asbury Heights

June 23, 2016

By Michelle158138

Asbury Heights is a nice place but it's a buy-in, and you have to put a few hundred thousand dollars down first. They only feed you one meal a day, and I wasn't impressed with it. You pay a monthly fee to live there, so the cost is a little too exuberant.

June 10, 2016

By Client 154UYVBO

One of the reasons I did not choose Asbury Heights is that the ratio of caregivers to patients is 10 patients for every caregiver, and I didn’t feel that that was going to be sufficient care for my dad. For other people are not as severely impaired as him, it would be OK. It looked like a beautiful facility. The people that I spoke with were very nice and spent a lot of time with us. The rooms were fine. It was a newer building. The eating areas were very nice.

July 23, 2015

By tim5647382910

My experiences with this place have been absolutely awful. The staff did not treat my family member with respect as she had to wait hours to use the restroom, we had to make multiple requests just to have her washed once a week, she couldn't reach her call button on multiple occasions to get help, and the list goes on and on. They treated my family member like she wasn't a person for her last days here on earth. Bottom line, if you are looking for a place for your loved one, please don't take them here.

September 26, 2014

By Craig10

Asbury Heights was very nice and we liked it, but it was $2,000 more a month, and my mom just doesn't have that. I wouldn't mind living in there, but I don't have the money either. The dining room is nicer than where my father is now, but the bedrooms weren't quite as nice. I was only there for an hour. The girl who took us on a tour -- I believe her name was Jennifer -- was very friendly and very nice.

November 20, 2012

By k42463

Asbury Heights provides different housing options, from independent living to full and Alzheimer care. The facility is located in a quiet Pittsburgh suburb. St Clair Hospital is less than a mile from the facility. Asbury Heights is very clean and feels more like a home than a nursing facility. There are sidewalks to very nice sitting areas throughout the grounds. The amenities are wonderful, it has its own beauty and barbershop, diner, post office, game rooms, and much more. When visiting Asbury Heights there are plenty of activities for you to do with your loved ones. The staff is attentive and patient, with full focus on the full care patients at all times. The staff that I observed had bonded with their patients. The staff also plans many activities for the residents, there are movie nights, dinner parties, game nights, and for residents living in independent living there are off site activities planned. After visiting many other facilities I found Asbury Heights to be a caring well run home that I highly recommend.

June 30, 2011

By GuiCyber

The facility was very clean and smelled nice and the staff was friendly. They had a common area with a snack shop, post office and second hand store. All of which I liked very much for my mother. The main problem were with the rooms on the Assisted living floors. They has 2 floors for Assisted Living, three units for Nursing Home and five floors of independent living. The assisted living floors the majority of the rooms were one room with no bathroom. You had to go down the hall to use the toilet and/or shower/bath. I did not like this at all and either did my mother. They had afew rooms with bathrooms but they were always being taken by residents waiting inhouse to move from a non-bathroom room to a bathroom room. Desided not to have my mother move in there.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Asbury Heights

Services and Amenities of Asbury Heights

• State Licenses: Lic 429670

About Asbury Heights

Asbury Heights' mission is to improve the lives of older adults through high-quality and compassionate care.

We offer numerous programs and activities to keep you as active and involved as you want to be.

Through our Living Well at Asbury program, we look at research and document trends and results so that we can make personal, customized recommendations and suggestions that result in more function and fewer limitations for you.

Map of Asbury Heights